No announcement yet.

Am I Out of Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go with em Dad. Let them have fun and you have fun too. We always encouraged our kids to do things in groups, not to pair off. This is a group.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
      It’s a meal. In a public place. Calm down and let the kids grow up, dad.
      Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      Seems harmless enough
      Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
      I don't see any problem with it.
      Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
      Italian restaurant with candle light … NO

chuck e cheese... ok, heck go with 'em.
      Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
      Besides, its a good way to build social skills.
      Originally posted by sideways View Post
      I don’t have an issue with it if you trust the parent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
      My sons class has always gone out to eat after school dances. 20-30 kids and a bunch of moms. The only thing I don’t like about it is they always go somewhere way fancier than I think middle schoolers need to go but the girls moms set it up. Day after tomorrow after 8th grade graduation they are eating at “The Grove”...I haven’t even eaten there!
      Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
      I don’t see a problem with it
      Originally posted by myway View Post
      Hmm.. I’m hoping your gonna say sounds like a good idea. Seven friends accompanied by an adult sounds like part of growing up. My daughter turned 17 Saturday I would and have let her do the same. It’s part of growing up.
      Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      Before the dance yes let her go. Now if it was after and later on a Friday night then I may say otherwise.
      Originally posted by Electrican View Post
      Meh..that’s the little things. If you know the parent chaperone we wouldn’t hesitate.
      I am with you guys! Can’t believe it’s my wife that’s so against it. I don’t understand what the big deal is. So, I’m stepping up to the plate and going with them. Make momma happy and my step daughter happy at the same time. She’s almost a young lady and it’s time to start preparing for the real world. I can’t imagine sheltering my kids.

Comment

Comment

Sounds like she needs a date for dinner too, so they equal out. Offer to go with and be an extra driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You only have three pricks to worry about. I'd be worried about all the other pricks at the dance...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              I am with you guys! Can’t believe it’s my wife that’s so against it. I don’t understand what the big deal is. So, I’m stepping up to the plate and going with them. Make momma happy and my step daughter happy at the same time. She’s almost a young lady and it’s time to start preparing for the real world. I can’t imagine sheltering my kids.
              Great job! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                I don’t have an issue with it if you trust the parent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Who are the kiddos, and who is the parent?

Where are they talking about going out to eat?

Are you and the better half invited?

It was probably 6th grade when I went to my first birthday party that didn't involve a bouncy house.

Oh, how mature is your kiddo?

I'm thinking its no big deal, but need more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                  She just remembers what happened when you took her out to eat and dancing

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    When I was in 6th grade, my wife was in high school. I was the one that would’ve been worried! Had I known what I know now! LMAO 😂

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        If she would’ve just let me by that tractor, I may have sided with her on this one lol!!

Comment

Lol... If you didn't bring up the tractor she may not have been so worried about Friday evening! I think you may have flipped her switch today!!!!

Comment

Heck man, pretty sure my parents where dropping us off at the movies and will see you at 8. But those where different times! See nothing wrong with it, make friends and parent will be involved.

Comment

I’m not a parent but based on personal experience I’d be terrified to send off to college a kid that was way too sheltered.. the first taste of freedom is pretty addicting when you’ve been sheltered all your life.

Comment

Good on you OP

Comment

Working...
                                X