Texas Teacher Retirement debacle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A public records request to the Teacher Retirement System of Texas has revealed that the agency will spend at least $326,000 a month in rent for office space in the Indeed Tower.

Pure stupidity
    Why do they think they need to be in down town Austin?
    Waste

Comment

Wow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost $4 million per year just to rent space. For that amount, they could buy real estate and build their own office....just outside of downtown. Hopefully they have a good reason for “needing” to be downtown

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Pure stupidity
          Why do they think they need to be in down town Austin?
          Waste
          1. LWL absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

2. Its 6th street in Austin.

So they spend 42 million over 10 years when they could have built their own building for 10 million and save more than 110 million over 30 years.. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            1. LWL absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

2. Its 6th street in Austin.

So they spend 42 million over 10 years when they could have built their own building for 10 million and save more than 110 million over 30 years.. SMH
            Seems like some teachers could get some raises w/the money saved from doing it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              Seems like some teachers could get some raises w/the money saved from doing it the right way.
              shhhhhhhh..............that aint the plan sir!!

Comment

And even though the funds are losing money they keep growing

Comment

Think of the children that will benefit from this.

Comment

no wonder they want active members to pay a higher percentage of their salary in the next few years....

Click image for larger version

Name:	trs.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	24605323

Comment

I wonder what the going rent rate per foot is in Austin. $3/ft per month high?
                      Last edited by BrianL; 01-22-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

**** glad I am resigning on May 22 but I feel for those teachers left! This is total BS!! They need to put them in a double wide portable or several just like I have been for the last 3 years with my unit.

Someone needs tp post the salaries of everyone employed by TEA and TRS and watch heads explode!

Comment

Check out salaries.texastribune.org

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            I wonder what the going rent rate per foot is in Austin. $3/ft per month high?

Not for that area. Pretty decent price assuming it’s a triple net lease.

I checked an area out on Howard Lane leasing space for $1.30sq ft/month. Get out of downtown!

Frankly, no state agency that is not directly tied to the capital needs to be downtown. Go build a building out by TPWD headquarters or East MLK. Freaking ridiculous.

I’m amazed we get anyone to teach with the pay and the crap retirement system. Shameful
                            Last edited by Gherkin05; 01-23-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

My wife is a teacher and knows 0% about this... Are the districts supposed to be communicating to teachers for things like this?

Comment

Working...
                              X