Lookin good !

Comment

IN for the rest! looks awesome so far!

Comment

Great looking job
          Keep posting the progress of inside

Comment

Plumbing and Electrical wiring in walls complete

Forgot to get wiring and plumbing in walls pics, but it is complete. Here is a pic of the completion of the septic system install. 500 gallon septic tank with 100 foot of field drain lines. I got lucky and had a really good soil perk test, so I can install a traditional system and save a good bit of money.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Thainixs; 07-17-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Insulation!

Insulation is going in today. I went with R-19 in all exterior walls and ceilings. This R-19 plus the R-4 radiant barrier substrate will give me approximately R-23 total.

I did not do the spray foam for a couple of reasons. It cost 3 times as much as the traditional fiberglass stuff, and I am hearing about several class action lawsuits pertaining to the health effects of poorly installed spray foam installation.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Reason for the build

Failed to mention why we built this in this location. Here are some lake pics that is approximately 75yds from my front porch.

I am pretty sure we are one of only like 5 landowners that touch the lake.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You sir are my hero, congrats!

I am building a DIY barndo and know what it takes doing things yourself. I am in it 2 years now and still have a ways to go. Other than the concrete slab my wife and I have picked up, measured, cut and installed every piece of wood, metal, window, door, wire, pvc, rock etc building our ranch house. I am having the HVAC done in a couple weeks as I don't know much about design/specs of refrigeration stuff. Believe me I would if I could.

How long did it take you to get it this far?

Comment

Time frame

We have been working hard on it since Mid January. While I have served as the GC, I have subbed out several aspects of the build. I will definitely sub out the Sheetrock finishing as I am too dang slow at that!

I’m vaulting my ceilings up to 19’ in the living / kitchen area. I will
                      Get some help for sure to install all the tongue and groove pine on the ceiling. All my ceiling wood I had made from the pines that I removed during the dirt pad work.

Comment

Insulation should be done by tomorrow night, I will take some more pics then.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Looks really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Thainixs View Post
                              I’m vaulting my ceilings up to 19’ in the living / kitchen area. I will
                              Get some help for sure to install all the tongue and groove pine on the ceiling. All my ceiling wood I had made from the pines that I removed during the dirt pad work.
                              My vaulted ceiling is 16ft at the highest point in my living/ kitchen area as is a bit over 1000 sq ft. I will get the wife to push me around on the scaffold or I may rent a small scissor lift so I can install the shiplap alone.

I envy the folks who have pine to cut and mill. Myself I cut oaks down to make the cabinets and it will take over a year just to air dry before I can finish
                              it into useable lumber.

Fun times

Comment

Looking good!

Like to hear about guys using material from their site for the build. Gives it a little more 'cool factor'. I have a 20'x18" oak at the mill now thats going inside ours once we start

Comment

Working...
                                X