Richland Chambers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richland Chambers???

Planning a big 3 day weekend(sat,sun,mon) 2nd to last weekend in March if anyone wants to go. gonna head down saturday morning, set up then do some fishing and then hunt that nite(hogs)
    Anyone ever been down there any hints??

Haven't hunted the WMA but it's apparently a great place. Big deer, lots of hogs. Don't know what I'll be doing the end of March. Thanks for the invite. You might get a lot more response if you post in the Around the Campfire section.

Comment

If your hunting on WMA, You can't hunt after dark. Unless they have made changes this year at RCWMA. Check it out first. Good luck

Comment

are you hunting the wma?

Comment

Cost?? might be interested if I can get the chance to go and I need some more
          practice, wife said it was okay with her...LOL!!

Comment

yes you can hunt all night there, it is bow only for the month of march then bow,rifle, rock, knife, dirt clod etc..... for month of april. as far as cost goes as long as you have your type2 permit to hunt APH there is no cost just food for what you wanna eat. pm if interested.

Comment

Don't want to see you get in any trouble but if you hunt at night at Richland creek WMA don't be suprised to see a warden waiting to write u up. Just trying to help you out bro, I will leave this alone.

Comment

The guys who run Richland Creek and Engeling are pretty fanatical about how they manage those WMA's. I can't believe they allow people trudging around at nite on those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzcut View Post
                  The guys who run Richland Creek and Engeling are pretty fanatical about how they manage those WMA's. I can't believe they allow people trudging around at nite on those areas.
                  They don't allow it. And they have fined people for things as minor as not filling out a permit card. Bad Mojo night hunting here.

Page ix of the Public Hunting Lands Map Book.
                  "Unless otherwise specified for a specific unit, shooting hours for feral hogs, rabbits, and hares will be restricted to daylight hours
                  only, and furbearers and predators may be taken anytime day or night (unless restricted in the Legal Game box)."

Of all the WMAs in Texas, that is one of the WMAs that you are most likely to encounter a TPWD employee.

Comment

I agree the guys who run richland creek and the head guy jeff gunnels can appear to be fanatical at times, but they are just passionate about managing that place. And they have done an excellent job since the new rules have been put in place since 2000. That area has been a hotbed for poaching for years and they have to put up with alot of sorry people.

Comment

thank you guys for the input, i was indeed wrong about night hunting. guess we will just hunt furbearing critters at nite. thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by MOSSYOAK_NINJA View Post
                        thank you guys for the input, i was indeed wrong about night hunting. guess we will just hunt furbearing critters at nite. thanks again
                        i really would not hunt anything at night on that park even if it is legal. chances are the man will be waiting for you at your vehicle and will interrogate you for an hour and then give you a ticket for something minor. just not worth it. just hunt hogs during the day. there are plenty to go around there. sure would suck to be mistaken as a poacher by the man or have him question you as if you were a poacher.

Comment

MossyOak,
                          Leave your camp and spotlight anything for any reason is a losing situation. At the very least, call Matt and ask him about what you are wanting to do. If he says you can do this, the Game Warden really needs to be given a call in advance. It would make his visit to you much more pleasurable.

But I think I know what he is going to say.

"Visitors 17 years of age and older must possess an Annual Public Hunting Permit (APH), Limited Public Use Permit (LPU) or Texas Conservation Passport (TCP). Entry to the WMA is permitted only during daylight hours and at designated entry sites."

Comment

Working...
                          X