Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 08-29-2019, 07:57 AM   #601
Johnny quest
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wise ,Montague

Lady that issued my permit warned me if all in group don't fill out the report survey at end of season none will be eligible next year . New news to me
Johnny quest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #602
TrophyClubHntr
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Llano, Denton, Wise

Need some clarification, what are they rules on Hunters Orange at Lake Grapevine? It says on their website you must wear at least 400 square inches but then it also has: Hunters exempt from this requirement are... persons hunting deer/turkey/feral hog/waterfowl and migratory birds. So which is it? I see people out there with hunters orange and a handful without
TrophyClubHntr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #603
troy_w_7
Eight Point

Hunt In: North TX Public Land

When's open day at the Vine this year?
troy_w_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-08-2019, 11:19 AM   #604
Larry
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
Need some clarification, what are they rules on Hunters Orange at Lake Grapevine? It says on their website you must wear at least 400 square inches but then it also has: Hunters exempt from this requirement are... persons hunting deer/turkey/feral hog/waterfowl and migratory birds. So which is it? I see people out there with hunters orange and a handful without
I read it to mean if you're bow hunting for deer/hogs or bird hunting, hunter orange isn't required but is recommended. If you're small game hunting (squirrel, rabbit, etc) with a shotgun (no larger than #2), hunter orange is required.

I would personally wear hunter orange to and from stand. Orange headwear might not be a bad idea even in stand. I've had squirrel hunters walk right under me several times. Lots of target shooters out there even though it's technically not allowed. I've had guys with center fire rifles walk by me, as well. Again...not legal. The locals have the run of the place in some areas. Horseback, atv, Ford Bronco, feeders and hand corn, permanent tree stands...the list goes on and on.

Deer season for those lucky enough to get drawn but can't check the regs is Oct 26.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top