fannin unit-archery only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fannin unit-archery only

I was thinking of doing some early early scounting and maybe poking around for some hogs in a wk or so, anyone interested in going with me. I dont recall needed a type II permit here, anyone. thanks

I might be up to it I just gotta see with work and all that which dates where you thinking of going?

Comment

Fannin Unit

Where is the Fannin unit?

Comment

we can figure some dates out even if you need longer than a wk from now, pm me

Comment

I've been 3 times now and have seen hogs every time. Look below the dam right on the river and also down the road leading away from the rec center at the campgrounds. Walk the off road bike trail for easy access!
          I might go next weekend if I can rebuild my Mac Powerbook by then--I have boards & screws and ribbon cables all over the place !!

Comment

thanks pat. i was hoping you would respond. let me know if you can get out in a week or two, any input on the permit requirements/?

Comment

Cnelson23

All you need is a state hunting license and your bow.

Comment

Hey david do we need orange or just full camo. thanks

Comment

Orange is only required during the general gun season.

Comment

I am in. PM me date and time.

Comment

Are there any restrictions for post season scouting on the wma's? Do you still need a type II permit just to walk around and look for deer sign? I'm considering doing some scouting for next season but don't have this year annual permit.

Comment

I would imagine you don't need the permit for scouting. If you were in posession of a weapon (gun or bow) then you would.... or maybe the Limited Use permit?
                        Better safe than sorry and I would contact TWPD and ask them.

Comment

Is this the unit that is part of the caddo\LBJ grasslands?

Comment

Originally posted by atexx2 View Post
                            Is this the unit that is part of the caddo\LBJ grasslands?
                            Yes....part of CADDO. about 1800 acres of ARCHERY only right on the Red River

Comment

pat-im confused now, so is this type 2 land?

Comment

Working...
                              X