Draw Hunts & Hunter Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw Hunts & Hunter Ed

was told today I didnt need a hunter ed at 56 yrs old for the draw hunt..she tell me right?

If you were born before Sept 1, 1971 you don't need hunter ed in Texas

Comment

Some public land areas are starting to transition to require hunters ed as well as bowhunter ed on public land no matter what your age, but I don't think the draw hunts have changed to this yet.

Comment

I have hunted on Matador WMA in a draw hunt for archery and they did not require that anyone born before Sept 1, 1971 have a HE certifcate. Also, I am a HE instructor and I have never been told that you needed a HE card to hunt on the draw hunts if you were born before the cut off date of Sept 1, 1971.

Comment

You ever do any good at matador, I bowhunted there a few years ago on a draw hunt, it was tough, lots of deer but not very bowhunter friendly in our compartment.

Comment

I got close enough to stick several big 3x3 muleys ,but had to have 4 on one side to harvest so we all went home empty handed. I did miss a big hog on that hunt. I released an arrow and failed to see the limb hanging right even with the middle of his body. It would have been an awesome shot. Later, I was glad that I missed. I realized that I was about 4 miles from where my dad parked the truck. He and my B-I-L had gone to the North end of our compartment while my uncle and I had beed dropped off on the south end. I am glad that I did not have to haul that big hog out of that canyon.LOL.

Comment

Working...
            X