Paloduro Auodad Bow Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after a long 7+ years hunting these rams out at my grand dads place on paloduro canyon I finally got it done with a bow. I shot a ewe 7 years ago with a rifle, and a ewe with my bow last March but never a ram... We have had our ups and downs with cattle and poachers ruining our hunting set ups over the years but finally got it all set up right. We have bigger but I will always held this hunt close to me as it sure was and will always be special. (sorry longer than I expected)

Shot this guy (measured just over 26"s) on my last hunt last weekend. Sat. AM the herd came in and he was one of 4 rams and the biggest of that group. Decided to wait for the evening hunt and if they came back in I would take a shot assuming he presented me with an opportunity. Well that evening was slow but they finally showed dang near close to last shooting light... it seemed like an eternity (pulled back 3 times) before he separated from the group and gave me a good quartered away shot. I released my arrow, since I had pulled back multiple times and these animals are quite spooky and always moving my shot was a bit rushed/pulled. I hit him a little further back but knew that the arrow was in the goods. Decided to head back to camp and listen to the cowboys game with my brother inlaw (cdthompson9) before looking. We celebrated the COWBOYS WIN and headed to look for my ram., all the while I was a little worried and disappointed in my shot considering he bolted straight to the 400-500 ft drop off not 65-75 yds away. These things don't bleed much either.

Anyways my bro-n-law and I started the search with his young but experienced beagel / blue heel mix blood tracker named moose and we started looking in the direction he ran. After 30 - 45 min of no success, no blood, and his dog not looking "gamey" I was not feelin it. cdthomps now a bit frustrated with Moose, thankfully let her off her leash and followed behind her. She was headed the opposite way I had seen the ram run, but good grief she was on something!

I was an easy 150 yds away when my bro-n-law started hootn and hollering, I sprinted towards him then back tracked to the truck to grab my bow for LDPs. To say I was pumped, excited, etc would be an understatement... After some high fives, hugs, and some good LDPs I had gotten something I was after for awhile with a bow! the ram had circled back and was only about 70 yds from where I had shot him.

Big thanks to cdthompson9 and Moose for creating this memory I will cherish for forever.

Ahh sideways! ill try to fix that

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well can someone help me haha thanks.

Comment

Cool story, congratulations.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Hell of a ram! Congrats

Comment

Congratulations, but we need to see a pic of Moose also

Comment

Well done! Congratulations!

Comment

Big congratulations on a really nice ram.

Comment

Great sheep congrats!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That’s awesome congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                              Congratulations, but we need to see a pic of Moose also
                              Haha I’ll try and get one and post for yall

Comment

Working...
                              X