No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get your pintails in this year, lowest counts ever, expect a closed season for 23/24.

Personally I think they should make an emergency action with a reduced season this year for Pintail.

https://youtu.be/tSVUeUAhWtg" style="display:none;">
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    https://youtu.be/tSVUeUAhWtg')">https://youtu.be/tSVUeUAhWtg')"> I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    https://youtu.be/tSVUeUAhWtg">https://youtu.be/tSVUeUAhWtg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Comment

Anybody see-n any local birds?

Comment

I went on a boat ride this evening say about 20 birds lots of water coming down rn

Comment

Booked a memorial hunt with Drake Plantation for the 16th, we will be in Anahuac that whole weekend and will hunt the marsh from the airboat the other days

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
            If you believe those counts. I don't.

Comment

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

If I’m not mistaken these counts don’t include this summers hatch success. I think this is adult bird numbers. Nesting effort was good so we should have more participating “young birds” than the last few seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 08-20-2022, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyway12 View Post
                Looking forward to it. My son will be 4 this year and we've got some cupcake places to take him. His little Boykin is coming along well enough we may be able to take her along too so they'll both enjoy a first hunt together
                Thats what its all about Blake. Good luck to y'all up there this season.

We are getting some rains to fill up our sloughs and will start pumping the pumps in a couple weeks, but I am headed to Colorado opening week to try to shoot some birds up there. Its been amazing the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Anybody see-n any local birds?
                  We had a small group show up last weekend out of Markham.
                  Lesto!!

Comment

Well yall coastal boys should have so.e good BWT and redhead numbers.

Everything else looks pretty bleak, especially coupled with the predicted La Nina weather patterns this winter.
                    The Dakotas were really wet and actually produced well including Pintails. I don't put a lot of stock in these counts. The PPR was really wet and had a lot of nesting cover so how do they actually get accurate counts on spread out birds where the habitat is different area to area. I know how actually with their equations and algorithms but I just don't buy it every time.
                    I don't care for how they set season limits either but thats another story.
                    I am optimistic there will be a lot of young dumb birds to divebomb the spreads this year. Just depends on if they make it down this far and if you have water for them.

Comment

Hopefully this recharges some of my spots.

Comment

The teal have arrived !
                        Saltcreek west of Springtown.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          If you believe those counts. I don't.
                          Do you think they are lower/higher?

I agree they probably are not very accurate, and likly lower than what is reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                            If I’m not mistaken these counts don’t include this summers hatch success. I think this is adult bird numbers. Nesting effort was good so we should have more participating “young birds” than the last few seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Correct, these numbers do not consider the hatch. With that said these numbers are the lowest in 20 years.

Comment

Do you think they are lower/higher?

I agree they probably are not very accurate, and likly lower than what is reported.

Lower, probably a lot lower.
                              The last couple of seasons have been the worst I have seen in 50+ years of duck hunting. Last season was beyond bad. Between me and some other good hunters it was bad from one end of the state to the other. Yeah there were some good hunts here and there but overall it was the toughest I have ever seen.
                              Their counts to me are about like the weatherman 's current rain total for n central tx. A bunch of BS! MAYBE the rain will come. Lol
                              Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-21-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Lower, probably a lot lower.
                                The last couple of seasons have been the worst I have seen in 50+ years of duck hunting. Last season was beyond bad. Between me and some other good hunters it was bad from one end of the state to the other. Yeah there were some good hunts here and there but overall it was the toughest I have ever seen.
                                Their counts to me are about like the weatherman 's current rain total for n central tx. A bunch of BS! MAYBE the rain will come. Lol
                                Yep, it will be interesting how this season goes. I'm going to hunt hard no matter what and enjoy my days in the field. But every guide I know in the north texas area struggled big time last year. And these are top notch outfits.

But the good thing is we are inside 3 weeks from early teal season starting.

Comment

Working...
                                X