So horse people...I did a thing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So horse people...I did a thing....

I know some of my friends are not horse people but for those of you that are you probably remember that I kept a stud colt out of one of my mares 4 years ago. He is a nice horse but not what I want in a stud so it is time for him to get cut and sold ( if anyone is looking for a good ranch horse prospect let me know). Anyway it lead to me doing a thing......I bought me a stud colt last night. For those chasing the Poco Bueno blood this colt is 39 27/32% Poco Bueno. Considering the the highest percentage alive and currently breeding is 40 5/8% this colt is pretty high up there. Unless someone beats me too it his name will be Poco Boot Scoot and we shall call him Scooter. It has been several years since I bought me a horse and yes I am still like a kid in the candy store........

That's a good looking colt. Got a big motor on him.

Comment

boot scootin! congrats to yall

Comment

I drive by Poco Bueno's grave sight quite often, was told he is buried standing up.

Comment

Nope, he ain't buried standing up. Common story but no truth to it. Good looking colt if his front is wide as it looks with that Poco rear end he is going to throw some powerful foals with the right mares.

Comment

Really nice looking with a big hip

Comment

Comment

Sold a nice 4yr old gelding years ago that went back to the Poco Bueno. Bought and broke him to ride. Got offered a good amount for him and sold him. Gave dad part of the money to buy my first pistol ( Ruger Single-six three screw model ) my dad still has that gun but the barrel is shot out from him running rat shot down it for the past 30+ yrs.

We have owned several more that went back to Poco Bueno over the years. Great horses.

Comment

Thanks everybody. I have high hopes for him. I don't have pictures of all my mares but here are a couple that I hope yo cross him with if he turns out. The sorrel is right at 33% Poco Bueno herself. If the colts out of these don't have good hips I would be really surprised.

-john

Comment

I’m not a horse guy . What makes Poco bueno heirs a good horse ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      I’m not a horse guy . What makes Poco bueno heirs a good horse ?
                      He is one of the all time greats. He sired tons of champions and is in the Hall of Fame.

-john

Comment

Send me information on the one you want to sell

Comment

I was reading some articles about the Poco Bueno bloodline & it mentions something about a disease being traced back to him called HERDA. I don’t know if it’s true, but thought it was interesting

Poco Bueno has been identified as the sire line associated with the brutal affliction known as hyperelastosis cutis or hereditary equine regional dermal asthenia (HERDA).

From article:

“The disease first surfaced in 1971. Today as more and more breedings double up on the Poco Bueno line through the mating of close-up and distant cousins, more and more cases of HC are showing up.”
                          Last edited by Das71198; 07-28-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                            I was reading some articles about the Poco Bueno bloodline & it mentions something about a disease being traced back to him called HERDA. I don’t know if it’s true, but thought it was interesting

Poco Bueno has been identified as the sire line associated with the brutal affliction known as hyperelastosis cutis or hereditary equine regional dermal asthenia (HERDA).

From article:

“The disease first surfaced in 1971. Today as more and more breedings double up on the Poco Bueno line through the mating of close-up and distant cousins, more and more cases of HC are showing up.”
                            Yes it is true but it is also something that can be tested for. If your horse is clean of it and you only breed to horses clean of it you never have to worry.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                              Send me information on the one you want to sell

Will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X