Lewisville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewisville?

Anyone know why deer hunting is not allowed around Lake Lewisville?

They claim there is no huntable population of deer there .

Comment

I would like to know who "they" are!

Seriously though....there is plenty of wooded area that holds deer...that are far enough away from the city.

It sure would be nice if "they" would open it up.

Comment

toxic deer in that area...contact Damian Power

Comment

I believe its because of the wildlife managment area maintained by the corps of engineers......and "they" are wrong lots and lots of deer around lake lewisville i see hundreds when i hog hunt.

Comment

Well I also think there is a problem with houses and the population of people around there. Why it is different from grapevine is beyond me but I bet if you got enough people together things would change.

Comment

No deer around Lewisville Lake

Comment

Based on the population of humans in the near vicinity of Lake Lewisville, the "huntable" population would be destroyed in less than 3 years IMO. Grapevine is now and has been on a steady decline since the "big" one was taken from there a couple of years ago. same thing happens every year at the H.

Comment

Based on the population of humans in the near vicinity of Lake Lewisville, the "huntable" population would be destroyed in less than 3 years IMO. Grapevine is now and has been on a steady decline since the "big" one was taken from there a couple of years ago. same thing happens every year at the H.
                  I agree, it sucks but we put too much pressure on these animals. Same thing is happening at corp lakes all over north texas, too many folks that want to hunt but not enough public land to go around. They should consider starting a lewisville lottery so at least a select few can bowhunt them every year. There is a huntable population of deer there, just too many people wanting to hunt them living around the habitat.
                  Last edited by DFWarcher; 08-11-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                    No deer around Lewisville Lake

X2

Comment

There are plenty of deer around lewisville lake, I see them all the time when hog hunting.. even had a doe and fawn come down to drink 40 yds away when duck hunting!

Spoke with a friend at a local pawnshop, and he has seen at least 2 150" taken off the lake - one from the LLEELA section by the south dam, and on from the highland village end.
                      He reported the guy to TPWD, but nothing was done.

They are there, especially in the areas that butt up agains farmland or greenbelt. I see no reason to limit it. (Be nice to have a spot within walking distance of the house!!)

Comment

A.C.E.'s primary function is not in the business of game management, and this is very often reflected in their decisions, rules, actions, and enforcement thereof. This an example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWarcher View Post
                          I agree, it sucks but we put too much pressure on these animals. Same thing is happening at corp lakes all over north texas, too many folks that want to hunt but not enough public land to go around. They should consider starting a lewisville lottery so at least a select few can bowhunt them every year. There is a huntable population of deer there, just too many people wanting to hunt them living around the habitat.
                          That is probably the best solution for deer management there.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
                            A.C.E.'s primary function is not in the business of game management, and this is very often reflected in their decisions, rules, actions, and enforcement thereof. This an example of that.
                            X2

Comment

Too many people would be all over it. I've seen deer there, but not any large populations on huntable areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X