Fuel Pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump?

Truck is lagging when trying to accelerate from a stop. I mash the gas and the rpm's slowly climb until about 2100rpm then it wakes up and goes. While cruisinand maintaining the same pedal pressure, the truck gradually slows down until I mash on the gas. Then it down shifts and goes. Rinse and repeat.

2011 F350 6.7 Powerstroke

First thing I would do is change the filters . My Dmax will do something similar when it’s past time to change them .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      First thing I would do is change the filters . My Dmax will do something similar when it’s past time to change them .
      Yea, that was a thought. I am suppose to roll Thursday morning for Colorado. If it is possible that it could be the pump. For the sake of saving time, I was going to replace it as well as the filter. The filter only has about 3,000 miles on it. The pump has 228,000 miles on it.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
          Bump

With only 3k miles I doubt it’s the filter . I had about 25 on mine when I changed it 2 weeks ago ,

Comment

Sounds like a possible torque converter or other transmission issue.

Comment

Scan it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                Sounds like a possible torque converter or other transmission issue.
                I literally just got it out of the shop this afternoon after having the transmission replaced. The transmission was on it's way out anyway and it did these same things on the way home from the lease on Sunday.

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                Scan it.
                Already did. No codes.

Comment

Nevermind, saw it was a diesel. Lol

Is it deleted?

Comment

Was it doing this before the transmission work?

I’ve learned one thing, if a new symptom presents itself after a recent “fix” then the “fix” is the first suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
                      Was it doing this before the transmission work?

I’ve learned one thing, if a new symptom presents itself after a recent “fix” then the “fix” is the first suspect.
                      Yes, it did this on Sunday about an hour away from the house when coming back from the lease. I initially thought it was the transmission finally giving up and put it in the shop to have the transmission replaced.

When I got it out of the shop today it ran fine coming home. Couple hours later I went to run a couple quick errands. It didn't act up until I was done with the errands and headed home.

Comment

This is just a wild thought. Since you had the transmission replaced I wonder if they reused any of the sensors or did somehow a sensor from someone else’s transmission get substituted? The reason I bring this up is because of some strange things occurred at a transmission shop on a rebuild.

A quick check of the pump pressure should tell if that fuel pump is weak.
                        Last edited by Worksalot; 10-19-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                          Nevermind, saw it was a diesel. Lol

Is it deleted?
                          Yes, it is deleted. However I run it on the stock setting. Only reason it was deleted was the stupid sensors in pdf that would stand you if it went bad.

Comment

Could it possibly be a transmission relearn process? If not, it's probably an issue with the transmission rebuild. The CP4 fuel pump is a not a cheap part to throw at these trucks...

Comment

Have you run injector cleaner in the last year or so?

I change my fuel filter every 15k...every other oil change at 7500 miles... I run AMS Oil.

Check your air filter box for a bird nest or some chit that might be choking air intake.

I think if it was intercooler or intercooler coupler youd get no pressure and power at all. I could be wrong. I had mine blow over the summer, running 85mph with 25-30 mph crosswind pulling a travel trailer while running fuel injector cleaner in 108 degree weather. That was a hot mess.

Safe travels Fargus.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-19-2020, 09:00 PM. Reason: IntercoolerPressureSpake

Comment

Working...
                              X