Anywhere camera mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    I was thinking about the lock nuts, too, but then I thought a lot of times i'm out in the field without a wrench, much less with 2 wrenches. You need a wrench the whole way to unscrew it but with lock washers I can use a variety of things to loosen it and then get the rest of it with my fingers.
    Both of my cameras have been moved at least once. I have yet to take apart these mounts since I first put them together. The lock nuts are just tight enough to have friction on the washers so that the camera doesn't move. To put them into a tree (or take them out) you just (un)screw it. I have not had the need for wrenches to mess with them. That was the whole reason for the lock nuts.

Edit to add: the wing nut is a good idea for the nut that locks down the camera onto this mount. I used regular nuts there, but they are on pretty tight against the camera and have not loosened over time.
    Last edited by kmack; 09-26-2019, 03:39 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

TheSG is sold out but I noticed before it sold out the price has doubled.

Comment

I make these too. I use wing nuts. No trees much where I hunt so I mount them on 3/4 steel tubing welded to a metal base or fixed to slip over a piece of rebar hammered in the ground. This camera watches my front driveway sidewalk.
        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone know if this would work for ozonics? It should, just not sure if ozonics would require the same sized bolt.

Comment

IIRC, the bolt size for my cameras was 1/4" and a coarse thread. That's kind of a standard thread size. If the ozonics have a mounting spot on them, it should be pretty much the same. (But don't quote me on that...)

Comment

Cameras have 1/4-20 (standard course thread) threads

Comment

Got some pics of my current camera setups...

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                  Got some pics of my current camera setups...

Good looking set up. How do you like that camera from Amazon? I have thought about ordering one to see how well they work. If they work the price is right on some of them.

Thanks,
                  Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post
                    How do you like that camera from Amazon?
                    So far they have been working great! No issues yet and they have been more reliable than the Wildgame Innovations cameras I had before. The video capabilities on these current cameras is pretty good for the price point.

Comment

Working...
                    X