flow aloft will return rain chances early in the week and maintain
    this unsettled weather on Tuesday and Wednesday when temperatures
    dip below freezing. Rain could transition to freezing rain Monday
    night into Tuesday morning in areas north and west of the Dallas/
    Fort Worth Metroplex. The process would repeat Tuesday night into
    Wednesday morning when the freezing line will progress further to
    the southeast, and the depth of the sub-freezing layer may be
    sufficient for sleet. These details will come into better focus as
    the event approaches, including the potential impacts to travel.

Comment

I miss global warming.

Comment

Always get February & March bad cold fronts around Abilene. Remember the 2020 Power Outages? It was below 20 degrees for a week straight in Groesbeck.

Comment

Looks like about six computer models are now in agreement that it will be cold and slow to move out. The map that I saw showed the cold as far south as about I-10. Maybe some precipitation early through mid next week. I hope they are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            The Op is not referring to the cold front coming next week. What he’s referring to is another polar vortex winter storm coming down. Some sources are suggesting similar to Uri, 2 years ago. Your weather apps and weathermen won’t report on it until it’s definitive.
            This right here.

Comment

Won't sniff the Gulf

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                What kind of approximate time frame are the sources saying?
                I think they’re hobbyists and relying on The Farmers Almanac. I haven’t seen any models showing any kind of Polar Vortex making it down here, so I don’t know what they’re seeing. I guess time will tell.

Comment

I think they’re hobbyists and relying on The Farmers Almanac. I haven’t seen any models showing any kind of Polar Vortex making it down here, so I don’t know what they’re seeing. I guess time will tell.

I’ve been hearing about another polar vortex for a couple of weeks from my meteorologist buddy. He’s saying it’s going to pay us a visit early next week, and hang around awhile. I always take his predictions with a grain of salt, because things can change so much, but more times than not, he’s been right. We’ll be skiing in Crested Butte next week, and he’s saying it’s going to be COLD, like -35* cold at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So, in other words, if you throw enough **** at the wall, something will eventually stick.

Comment

Don’t need any freezing rain for sure, it’s hard on my deer ! I’m not too woried about power, got a whole home genny, but I never could learn to love icicles.

Comment

Originally posted by voke View Post
                        I miss global warming.
                        It was essentially the warmest January ever in North Texas. Bring on winter!

Comment

Ice Ice go away come back some other day!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            So, in other words, if you throw enough **** at the wall, something will eventually stick.
                            Yep, which is why the guys that do it for a living wait until is week or so out before they comment on it.

I love the cold, but I’d rather be in it up in The Rockies rather than down here where our homes and landscapes aren’t made for it.

Who knows; God does have a sense of humor and we just might be going into a “Global Cooling” period, lol.

Comment

Map for early next week's temps.
                              Attached Files

Comment

You guys in Middle section of Texas area better get ready for ice and freezing rain. It's coming next week. If the wind blows at all, power lines will break loose and there will be power outages, as well as tree damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X