New ATF Pistol Brace Ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
    Don't put it past the Democrats to try and lock up a huge chunk of R voters and/or make them felons unable to vote.
    yeah no kidding... you know how we said we'd do an automatic permitting? we changed our minds... you're all automatic felons. Good way to remove 30 million gun voters from the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      Hiring about 2 million new federal correctional officers would be a great jobs program…. not to mention potentially millions of temporary construction jobs to build thousands of new prisons.
      They would need more than that. Plus all the business the funeral homes, cemeteries etc. would get.

Maybe this whole thing is just the latest stimulus package.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        yeah no kidding... you know how we said we'd do an automatic permitting? we changed our minds... you're all automatic felons. Good way to remove 30 million gun voters from the polls.
        Except for 26 USC 5848…….

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          I thought I read you only had to apply by the deadline, not receive approval and all.
          That is likely correct (from the statute that I posted above) but it won’t play well in this forum.

Comment

Except for 26 USC 5848…….

Kind of like there’s no national gun registry but somehow the ATF can easily find people and ask them about specific guns they bought

Comment

Kind of like there’s no national gun registry but somehow the ATF can easily find people and ask them about specific guns they bought
              Every person should know that there is a record if you walk into Academy, complete a 4473 and walk out with a firearm. That isn’t new or hidden.

Comment

New ATF Pistol Brace Ruling

Every person should know that there is a record if you walk into Academy, complete a 4473 and walk out with a firearm. That isn’t new or hidden.

Seems like everyone knows they’re keeping tabs on every new gun sale except them.

They are 100% keeping this information in a database. Why won’t they just admit it? All the info is given when Calling in for a background check. There’s no way they type that info in and don’t keep it in a database where data can be sorted by whatever field they would like to see.

County, city, state, social…. I'm sure we've all seen the videos of ATF agents "just checking" at several person's homes. How does that fit in to #3? unless whatever they would like to check is a criminal investigation now. especially ghost gun home made SBRs

arguments aside, I'm not sure what to do. destroy my guns, apply for the permit which multiple lawyers are advising both for and against, or just do nothing and hope it's over tunred like the bump stock ban.

one thing is for certain, the ATF is about as trustworthy as a drug addict selling clean used needles in the ghetto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by kyle1974; 01-23-2023, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Seems like everyone knows they’re keeping tabs on every new gun sale except them.

They are 100% keeping this information in a database. Why won’t they just admit it? All the info is given when Calling in for a background check. There’s no way they type that info in and don’t keep it in a database where data can be sorted by whatever field they would like to see.

County, city, state, social…. I'm sure we've all seen the videos of ATF agents "just checking" at several person's homes. How does that fit in to #3? unless whatever they would like to check is a criminal investigation now. especially ghost gun home made SBRs

arguments aside, I'm not sure what to do. destroy my guns, apply for the permit which multiple lawyers are advising both for and against, or just do nothing and hope it's over tunred like the bump stock ban.

one thing is for certain, the ATF is about as trustworthy as a drug addict selling clean used needles in the ghetto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have admitted it in Congressional hearings. They are getting away with it because they claim it isn't searchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    They have admitted it in Congressional hearings. They are getting away with it because they claim it isn't searchable.

LOL. i have been working with databases for almost 20 years. It’s laughable for them to suggest ANY database doesn’t have a “search” feature.

At a minimum they can export the data to excel and search easily.

Comment

LOL. i have been working with databases for almost 20 years. It’s laughable for them to suggest ANY database doesn’t have a “search” feature.

At a minimum they can export the data to excel and search easily.
                      what kind of information is in this database and how is it reported?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

IF it is searchable, then they only know if the transferee acquired a pistol, long gun or other / receiver as that is the 411 FFL's give to NICS...they would need seize the entire 4473 to know the make, model & SN.

Most 4473's where a LTC was given are not reported to NICS.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          what kind of information is in this database and how is it reported?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Good question.

How much information does the government have on you, me or anyone else? They probably know more about us than we do about ourselves.

are you suggesting the government doesn't know what a database is, and they take in all this information and just hit the delete key after they hang the phone up?

or are you suggesting because I can't post a screenshot to whatever database the ATF keeps on these items that it doesn't exist?
                          Last edited by kyle1974; 01-23-2023, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            IF it is searchable, then they only know if the transferee acquired a pistol, long gun or other / receiver as that is the 411 FFL's give to NICS...they would need seize the entire 4473 to know the make, model & SN.

Most 4473's where a LTC was given are not reported to NICS.

When a background check is called in, don’t they give the serial number of the gun along with the purchaser’s info? (SS #, DL #, etc)

last gun I bought; I could have sworn I heard the salesman giving them that info.
                            Last edited by kyle1974; 01-23-2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Nor serial numbers are given !

Comment

When a background check is called in, don’t they give the serial number of the gun along with the purchaser’s info? (SS #, DL #, etc)

last gun I bought; I could have sworn I heard the salesman giving them that info.
                                I thought so too, even with my LTC I could swear the Academy people read off the serial number when calling it in. It's been a while though.

Comment

Working...
                                X