Paramedic PRN Austin area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramedic PRN Austin area

Looking to hire a licensed paramedic one day a week to sit onsite while we perform IV injections. Applicant must have experience in venipuncture and ACLS certification.

The applicant would preferably be available one full day a week 8-5 to be onsite and assist in case of a contrast reaction. I have a small crash cart and AED onsite. If you aren't comfortable dealing with a code and working solo then this isn't the job for you. I have done thousands of injections and rarely have to deal with these but the risk is there.

Good side gig for firefighter that has an off day and the job couldn't be any easier imo...

please send resume to mrimike@gmail.com

I’m not in that line of work but was just curious, is this for a drip bar? My daughter works at one in the domain is why I ask.

Comment

No.. this is a medical outpatient center specifically MRI and CT imaging. The injection is gadolinium or iodine based for enhancement. We are injecting looking for diseases and pathology to give docs treatment guidelines.
      The Drip bar you are talking about is purely vitamin/banana bag type for hangovers and general wellness etc.

Comment

Had a part time gig at an imaging center for several years when I was still single and working 2-3 jobs, lol. Easy money for someone looking for a good second job.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
          No.. this is a medical outpatient center specifically MRI and CT imaging. The injection is gadolinium or iodine based for enhancement. We are injecting looking for diseases and pathology to give docs treatment guidelines.
          The Drip bar you are talking about is purely vitamin/banana bag type for hangovers and general wellness etc.
          Gotcha and thank you, I was just genuinely curious. Good luck with your search.

Comment

My wife is a PRN with a lot of ER experience, but Austin is about 2 hours away from us (depending on the area). I'm not sure it would be worth it, to drive that far for her.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

What doctor and protocols are you working under?

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                What doctor and protocols are you working under?
                A radiologist but they cant always be onsite, a medic is the alternative

Protocols are ACR however we do not accept Medicare and there are no protocols that we have to adhere to bc of that. Its simply for safety reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                  Had a part time gig at an imaging center for several years when I was still single and working 2-3 jobs, lol. Easy money for someone looking for a good second job.
                  you got that right, literally you can surf TBH for 30 mins and get paid 50$ as you walk out the door

Comment

Start that here in San Antonio and hire me as an EMT B lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am a fireman here in the Austin area and we have a ton of medics that may be interested. Shoot me a text at (512) 565-4425. I’ll forward your info to a few after that to see if they’re interested. What are you paying? FYI, many of these guys get OT rates of $40+/hr that is readily available.

Bobby

Comment

ill be honest its easy as it gets, I do all the work and the medic just stands by. They don't even do the IV I do them. Its a flat 50$ fee to come in while I inject then leave once we have finished typically 30 min total time here.

I talked to a lieutenant here at dep 21 I think and he told me that the firefighters here in Austin are not required to be ACLS medics. I thought that was crazy but he said its one of the only major cities in US that is like this.

Comment

Working...
                        X