Weather guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather guys

I keep hearing of a possible cold front/blast or whatever these people call it now days about 10 days out or so. They are saying possible record lows happening and it sticking around a bit. I’m here to hear from the real experts and see some data.

heard some chatter also.

Comment

Ask me in about 14 days. I should have a pretty good handle on it by then.

Comment

My weather channel app shows nothing close to that in the ten day forecast.

Accuweather shows the same.
        Last edited by Drycreek3189; 01-26-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

We have bitter cold coming down on Sunday that may sink into North Texas by Monday or so they are saying.
          Possible big snow for us, ugh... again.

Comment

I can't find anything on it. Anyone have any links to the early chatter about it?

Comment

My local weather out of Waco says for next weekend ‘At this time, we’re not forecasting wintry weather in Central Texas but the signals for wintry weather are slowly starting to pop up in forecast model data.’

Comment

Granted it's for Houston, but if it's getting to the low 40s here, north of here will be much colder.

https://spacecityweather.com/

Comment

Weather app is already showing winter weather Wed/Thursday for DFW. Long ways out, we are due for our annual freezing rain.

Comment

Hard to say if record breaking cold but the duration of sub freezing weather coupled with numerous waves of precipitation would be my concern. As we approach next week we could be looking at a significant ice storm for texas. As we get closer we will know more but the setup is coming together. Just in case, I'm getting the generator and extension cords ready.

Comment

I was hoping we were done...

Comment

I sure hope not.

Comment

The Op is not referring to the cold front coming next week. What he’s referring to is another polar vortex winter storm coming down. Some sources are suggesting similar to Uri, 2 years ago. Your weather apps and weathermen won’t report on it until it’s definitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            The Op is not referring to the cold front coming next week. What he’s referring to is another polar vortex winter storm coming down. Some sources are suggesting similar to Uri, 2 years ago. Your weather apps and weathermen won’t report on it until it’s definitive.
                            What kind of approximate time frame are the sources saying?

Comment

Sure hope not. It is cold enough for me right now and colder is something I don't want to hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X