Dad’s old gun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad’s old gun....

One of the coolest things I’ve ever done!!!!

I have only 1 thing in this world that belonged to my biological dad that died when I was 4 years old.
    An old 7 Mauser that was passed down to me when I was responsible enough to be trusted with it.
    It doesn’t group well at longer ranges due to the age and condition of it but it’s fully functional other than that.
    I’ve always wanted to kill something with it but knew I’d have to limit my shots to close range.
    Well everybody that knows me knows I hunt with traditional equipment so I set out to hunt just like I do with my Trad bows.
    I have a bow stand set up along a drainage with a gravity feeder that offers a 10 yrd shot so that’s where I went tonight.
    It was hot and miserable but I waited them out and a sounder of hogs came in about an hour before dark.
    This little sow smelled me and swung wide but made the mistake of stopping and the old Mauser rang true.
    It was a pretty emotional experience to finally seal the deal with dads old gun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man,That's cool!!
      Congrats on a fine tribute to the old Mauser,and your pop.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

thats a cool old gun

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

That’s a really cool story. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome, congrats!!!

Comment

Mission accomplished.
                  Congrats.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to you

Comment

Randy, that is a great story and a beautiful gun. I know you must be proud!

Comment

Man that's cool.. I have a marlin 444 that was my dad's.. I've been meaning to do the same.. the rear sight is missing the ramp .. I think I'll order it tonight and start the process.. congrats..

Comment

Cool. I have my dad's 101 that I have shot many a dove with. It has a bulged lower barrel and the rib is loose. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I may, however, have some tubes made for it. Glad you were able to achieve your goal on that hog. It connects the generations.

Comment

What an honorable thing to do!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing such an awesome story and event with us!!

Comment

Working...
                              X