Boat new/used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat new/used

So I have been looking at and planning to buy a boat for some time now. I have looked at several brands and there is a lot I like about the various Hull designs.

My debate is do I buy new or used. Lately I have been looking at used boats in decent condition considerably cheaper than what a new boat would run. Downside risk is it could require a repower at some point. I am not opposed to this if the hull is solid and all else is in good condition

Boat would be used 60/40 saltwater and fresh don’t need a super skinny water boat and ride would be important. Freshwater would be chasing bass, catfish white bass and stripers. Boat would also get some family use dragging tubes and possibly skiers.

With that in mind what says the green screen new or used. If used what manufacturers should I be looking at? Prefer 19-22 ft

This was on Facebook market place the other day, may still be for sale . perfect rig for repowering . all composite hull and they hold value good . very solid hulls , looks like good trailer also
    Attached Files

Comment

Just my honest opinion never buy a new boat, buy a very good used boat. Have a mechanic prove what the seller is telling you on hours and condition. You will save enough money to pay for tax title and license on boat and trailer, upgrades to make it your boat, and accessories that you have to have. Good luck

Comment

Buy this one, it’ll do everything you are looking to do

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
          This was on Facebook market place the other day, may still be for sale . perfect rig for repowering . all composite hull and they hold value good . very solid hulls , looks like good trailer also
          Lol someone here or off tff bought that boat. Thread somewhere.

Comment

I would definitely buy used. New boat prices are stupid. Even if it’s just a few years old, you will come out ahead. Tons of people buy boats and use them a few times a year and finally decide it was money wasted. My boat is an older boat, that I had planned on repower if when the time came, but that sucker just keeps running. Lol. There are lots of boats that will do what you want.

Comment

I just went through this. I have always owned boats and have 3 now. However, never a new one. I was ready for a trouble free boat. I know it will have problems, but most not on my dime. I went with brand new and found best warranty available. Bought it at Dallas Boat Show last day deal and got tip to tip 5 year anything. Then 6 years on motor. Since I bought it factory hard loaded they cover all the electronics too.

I did spend a chunk, but so worth it. Should be trouble free for years. Should...
              Attached Files

Comment

Plenty of used boats out there. Have money ready and be patient. When the right one shows up pull the trigger. When I bought my last one I told owner purchase was contingent on having it checked out at a local shop and I would pay for.

Comment

I saw a used Haynie Bigfoot the other day where some guy was just needing to get rid of it. Boat valued at 40 plus and he was in the mid 30's! That was a steal.

Yes buy used and buy turnkey. Have it ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                    I just went through this. I have always owned boats and have 3 now. However, never a new one. I was ready for a trouble free boat. I know it will have problems, but most not on my dime. I went with brand new and found best warranty available. Bought it at Dallas Boat Show last day deal and got tip to tip 5 year anything. Then 6 years on motor. Since I bought it factory hard loaded they cover all the electronics too.

I did spend a chunk, but so worth it. Should be trouble free for years. Should...
                    Congrats bud! Beautiful boat.

Comment

I have always bought new, i get rid of mine about the time the warranty gets close to expiring. Nothing wrong at all with going with a nice used boat, just be sure to do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post

Very nice [emoji106]. I've had my boat for 18 years and still like it. I bay fished in it for 12 years then crappie from there it's been a great boat and a badazz trailer.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Very nice [emoji106]. I've had my boat for 18 years and still like it. I bay fished in it for 12 years then crappie from there it's been a great boat and a badazz trailer.

Wow! That thing still looks brand new buddy

Comment

Hard to beat a good Express.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Wow! That thing still looks brand new buddy
                              Thanks Mike my new power poles should be here by Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X