Daughter got a heck of a buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter got a heck of a buck

This has been a pretty special season for me this year and I would like to share some of it with y’all if you don’t mind. 16 and 17 were probably the worse years of my life so far. I was a terrible person, and an even worse husband and father, but my wife and kids never stopped praying for me and asking God to show me his love. In July 2017 we were at the point of dividing up our stuff deciding who would get what and how we would split the holidays with the kids. I hit my lowest in August while the wife and kids were on a vacation. I was by myself and was ready to end it all, I never thought I would consider it but couldn’t stand the hurt I was causing. But something happened that’s really hard to explain but in that moment I turned my life over to God and asked him to take over and show me his will. From that day forward my life has completely turned around. It has taken a lot of time and patience but we are in such a better place. It hasn’t been a walk in park and the work is non stop but we are all doing it together. It’s amazing at how you can love with a pure and open heart that has God in it.

We didn’t hunt the last 2 seasons, just didn’t seem right and the last place my girls wanted to be was at the lease with me and sure had no intention of sitting in a blind alone for several hours. This October my daughters asked if we were hunting and I told them it was up to them but if they wanted to of course we would. I can’t remember having more fun with them or truly taking in the moments. My oldest will be heading to college this coming fall so we aren’t sure of the hunting time we’ll get next year but we are taking in everything this year has to offer. She loves to hunt and she loves to do it with me.

This is her best buck for sure and way bigger than anything I’ve taken in the past. She took this guy a couple days before Thanksgiving, took me a while on making this post. My buddy has seen this buck before but only once. He walked in early that morning and she sure took her time making the shot, an hour and a half in fact. 7.5 year old 138 3/8

I’ve been on this site for a while now and would never dreamed I’d open up like this but I’m glad I did. Sorry for the long post but I appreciate y’all taking the time to read it.
    Attached Files

Glad to hear you’re doing better brother. Keep it up!

Congrats to y’all on a great buck!

Comment

Great write up and story. Keep up the good work. It is work. Congrats to you and your daughter.

Comment

Congrats, and thanks for sharing it will help more than you will ever know.
        Last edited by refugioco; 12-14-2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Went thru a very similar experience many years ago now. Now I don't know how I ever made it thru a day back then without God. I guess He had plans for me all along. Same for you. Congratulation to you and your family. And wow, nice buck! She did good!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great story. God is good.

Comment

Waydago! great buck

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to everyone!

Comment

thanks for sharing and congrats to your daughter on a great buck!

Comment

Greatness

Comment

Awesome testimony. Congrats on the new life.

Comment

Very nice!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent testimony.

Congrats to your daughter.

Comment

Working...
                              X