Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by switchback View Post
    Well I guess the weather last night keep them bedded down as I was hoping. They moved about 8:30 and I had a doe spot me with all the leaves gone and turn and head back the way she came from. Then all of a sudden she takes off full speed. Out of nowhere another doe I didn’t see with her pops out 30 yds in front of me. I heard the thump and she took off stumbling hard. Last place I seen her is where I found her. So I have meat in the freezer finally. Got to break in my new bow. It all happened pretty fast.

Congrats K!

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
      Shot both bucks in hill county on MLD property less than a mile from some Corp land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See! Just goes to show how much info is on here. Only got it half right.

Comment

Thanks. It wasn’t bad cold like last Sunday but I was layered for it. Got her quartered and on ice. Probably should have went to the house and processed her, but going to hunt evening hunt and see if i can catch this big pig slipping.
        Last edited by switchback; 01-12-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Congrats SB!

Comment

Congrats! Did you find a side of pork for that venison?

Comment

Thanks chino
              Didn’t see any pigs. Guy I know that hunts down from me said pigs ran past him from my direction right after we went in for evening hunt. I probably spooked them before they came in by putting out a bag of corn and making noise with that loud bag. Said he had to hit the brakes right before where I park cause doe where crossing the road headed to my spot. This was right after last light. Hopefully that big pig will come out next week.

Comment

Last day to get a doe or spike in north Texas! The best to all who are out there.

W lake is 6.00 feet below normal.

A lake is 2.81 feet below normal.

Grandbury is releasing water at the moment, at a rate of 458 cfs. Both PK and Grandbury are slightly under normal, less than a foot. All lakes on the Brazos system, with exception to Grnager (+.42 feet above), are under normal. Sumerville, PK, and Grandbury are the only ones less than a foot under normal. All others are almost 3 foot or more under normal.

Comment

I think I’m about the only one out! Doubt I’ll see anything but maybe I’ll get lucky.

Comment

Good luck switchback, they weren't moving yesterday

Comment

Yeah they haven’t been coming out until way after dark in weeks except for last Sunday and that’s because rain had them bedded down the day and night before. Nothing this morning.

Comment

How did it go Swithchback? Hope it was a great evening Bud!

And your gonna have to change your screen name now.

Comment

Yeah I’m going to keep it. Kinda grown on me now! Lol. Didn’t see a thing but heard a pig grunting up wind. But didn’t come in before time to get down.

Comment

Finally finished welding the pods on the boat. Just got to paint them and re-wire/rig everything back up!

Comment

Good to know TG. I've got to get a tig welder one of these days and get some time on aluminum. I'm looking for an old aluminum boat to work on. Gonna build me a floating duck magnet.

Comment

Glad you got em done TG.

Comment

Working...
                                X