Lake Travis access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Travis access

I'm looking for private access (boat ramp) around Lago Vista, or further up the river. Must be on the north side. I currently have access to the ramp at Lago, but last I heard it was out of the water and I'm not sure if they will let us launch off the bank or not. Just figured I would check here. Willing to pay of course! Please PM, or text me at 512-657-9207.

Thanks!

I’ll allow you to launch anywhere. Tell them that I said it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Arkansas Bend not open?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I’ll allow you to launch anywhere. Tell them that I said it was fine.

Ha. I kinda took that approach a while back. Found a nice little "note" on my windshield, signed by an officer and everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
          Arkansas Bend not open?
          It MIGHT be. Haven't checked yet. I was hoping to find something a little more up river.

Comment

I just called LCRA…it’s closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
              Arkansas Bend not open?
              Its closed due to the lake level.

Is there a reason you need a private ramp and dock?

Jones Brother Park is open if you're unable to find a private ramp. While that area get's crowded with day use folks, the Park Ranger is there all day, and the police office patrols a few times a day.

They also have parking dedicated for boats, and should have the courtesy dock

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                Its closed due to the lake level.

Is there a reason you need a private ramp and dock?

Jones Brother Park is open if you're unable to find a private ramp. While that area get's crowded with day use folks, the Park Ranger is there all day, and the police office patrols a few times a day.

They also have parking dedicated for boats, and should have the courtesy dock
                We use Jones Bros quite a bit, but only if we are fishin the lower end. It's a LONG, rough boat ride from there to get up the river where we sometimes want to go.

Comment

We used to launch off the shore at Dink Pearson Park at the very end of Lohman Ford Road. I think TTZ even had a tournament out of there years ago when the lake was low.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                    We used to launch off the shore at Dink Pearson Park at the very end of Lohman Ford Road. I think TTZ even had a tournament out of there years ago when the lake was low.
                    Had another guy tell me that same thing a week or two ago. I’ll definitely have to go check that out.

Comment

How low is it now?

Comment

Texas water data shows 28.09 ft below flood level

Comment

28.16 below Full level

Comment

It’s only gonna get worse. First mead, then Powell then Travis and Buchannan. Mark my words. A hurricane is the only thing that will save Travis now.

Comment

Pace Bend is open if you want to start up River. Going to cost you $50 in fuel to get your boat there probably…;(

Comment

Working...
                              X