Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video editing software for the technically challenged...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video editing software for the technically challenged...

I want to find some cheap/free video editing software I can use to edit thermal pig and coyote hunting videos. I'm not totally computer ignorant but for sure not an expert either. I don't need fancy capabilities. I want to cut and splice, string pieces of different videos together. Possibly add some titles or music to it.

What is something simple I can download that will do what I need?

Also what about copyright on music? Is there someplace that has music you can use without violating rights?

Mac or PC based programs?

Comment

When I dabbled with editing years ago I was using AVS. It worked well enough and was pretty user friendly as I recall.

No idea how they stack up today for again, it's been several years since I've messed with any of it.

Comment

For a PC based computer

Comment

Filmora Wondershare is what I use. Free program for basic or you can upgrade for more editing options. Really simple to use.

Comment

I found Oneshot to be free and fairly easy with lots of 5-10 min explanation segments on Youtube. It has more advanced features that I have never learned but I can now put together decent, Youtube quality videos.

Comment

OK thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it! I will check out those programs.

Comment

Hitfilm Express is what I use and it is free! It has the ability to produce tv quality videos if you know what you are doing. I just make plain jane videos and it is supper easy

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                  I found Oneshot to be free and fairly easy with lots of 5-10 min explanation segments on Youtube. It has more advanced features that I have never learned but I can now put together decent, Youtube quality videos.
                  x2^

Comment

OK Thanks for the recommendations!

Comment

iMovie or movie maker will do what you want. As for more advanced free software with updates (and a bit of a learning curve) Davinci Resolve. All the features of more pro programs but completely free!

Comment

For royalty free music… search in google or try bensound.com

Comment

I use Movavi, I cant remember how much it cost me. I dont use it to its full capabilities becuse I am just looking to do basic functions. It is easy to splice several videos together, add text, add sound, mix in pictures and add basic stuff like bluring in and out of one video to the next. Below is a video I did recently that took 5-10 minutes to make. Takes longer to get the videos off my thermal divices and/or phone and saved to my computer than it does to make the video.

Comment

sadly not good for Windows but iMovie is so easy! You can do it on tablet or iPhone if you have one.

Comment

iMovie or Final cut pro x. Musicbed.com is a place to get music that you can license. Its not free but it one of the better places for legit songs.

Comment

Working...
                              X