Portable welding setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable welding setup

Good morning, I'm really needing a small portable welding setup. I wouldn't need it often but enough to make borrowing a little bit inconvinient.

After looking around it seems most trailer setups are really expensive. I have a trailer right now that I could put everything on but I don't want to spend 3000 on the equipment. Otherwise I'll just be borrowing. Has anyone tried using one of the smaller 120v welders and a smaller generator and had luck. I've found a hobart 120v generator with the capabilities and good price, but my concern is what generator would I need. It looks like a 3000kw might work but I'd like to hear from someone whos actually tried something similar and knows how it all performs.

Depends on what you are welding. 120v is for small stuff. Search fb and craigslist for one of the welder generators. They can be found for 500 to 1500

Comment

We have been renting the Lincold bulldog from Home Depot. It is a generator/welder. $94 per 24 hours. It is working great to build chutes.

Comment

I have a 120V MIG welder I bought 20 yrs ago from Harbor Freight that I have run off a 3500 W generator at the lease. It worked just fine, but I can't do much more than 3/16" thick mat'l. Generator would load up a little while striking the arc, but it never bogged-down.

Harbor Freight currently has a 120V MIG by Titanium that I have heard great things about.
        I have a buddy that swears he can weld up to 3/8" thick with this little gem. No personal experience with it, though.
        https://www.harborfreight.com/easy-f...der-56355.html

Comment

I think this is the route I’d be looking if I were you.

Comment

Working...
          X