2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

I recently purchased a travel trailer and already have our first trips planned. I didn't see this type of thread posted so figure I would start one for anyone to post anything RV/Camping related. Points of discussion could include places been or to go, must haves, advice, etc. Not sure it will gain much traction but figure it may be good for some of us!

I booked several tent camping trips for myself and the kids this spring and early summer at a few of the state parks within a couple hours. I wanted to pick up a toyhauler but holding off for the year with another big expense coming.

Comment

Currently have the below places booked

Spring Break - https://www.summitresorttexas.com/
      Summer - https://gulfwatersrvresorttx.com/

Comment

Let's go!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
          Let's go!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Sweet setup!

Comment

Picked up a 2021 Winnebago Voyage 3235RL a few weeks ago. No camping pictures yet.

Comment

Booked once per month through July 4 weekend. State parks or COEs. Couples trailer and all the room the two of us need. Most our time is outside anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                Booked once per month through July 4 weekend. State parks or COEs. Couples trailer and all the room the two of us need. Most our time is outside anyway.

I heard Grand design trailers are good. It was down to the Imagine and the Winnebago for us
                Last edited by ateague11; 02-10-2022, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                  I heard Grand design trailers are good. It was down to the Imagine and the Winnebago for us
                  We have enjoyed it and continue to. Winnebago bought out Grand Design a few years ago. Back out in 1 1/2 weeks.

Comment

I have to say that one of the first things we did was replace the stock mattress with a memory/gel mattress. Gave the still plastic wrapped mattress that came in it to the local mission store.

Comment

You will like the coe parks. Most of their pads are pretty level. State park pads can be way off, so I carry a lot of 4x4 blocks. At least a milk crate full. Also carry some 2x8s for putting under the tires, for leveling side to side.
                      Last edited by smokeless; 02-10-2022, 05:56 PM. Reason: Spell

Comment

In-laws had a travel trailer so camped a bunch out at Granger Lake COE.. I have spots booked there for memorial and 4th of July weekends

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                          In-laws had a travel trailer so camped a bunch out at Granger Lake COE.. I have spots booked there for memorial and 4th of July weekends
                          Wilson Fox? Haven't stayed there yet but want to. So many parks, so little time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                            Wilson Fox? Haven't stayed there yet but want to. So many parks, so little time.
                            Yes, we primarily camped Wilson Fox in the past. We live 15mins from Granger Lake so go out there very often with the boat.

Comment

We have several short trips planned for baseball tournaments, but we’re going to the Palo Duro Canyon in mid March and I can’t wait! I’m gonna nerd out on historical markers and the museum in Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X