Yesterday was not good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Read a lot of good things about them. Hopefully it lasts you longer that that Lennox...
    Yeah, I hope so too.

The portable unit that is sitting in the door way of our bedroom is kicking ***! Woke up and it was 67 in our room. Was freezing my *** off!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      Yeah, I hope so too.

The portable unit that is sitting in the door way of our bedroom is kicking ***! Woke up and it was 67 in our room. Was freezing my *** off!

Gotta get that GOF blood circulating![emoji23].

Comment

Looks like one more week. Won't have the money until next Tuesday or Wednesday.
        Hang in there bud, my a/c company just called and told me my install was scheduled for next Tuesday also. Mine is barely hanging on and fingers crossed it makes it another week.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Hang in there bud, my a/c company just called and told me my install was scheduled for next Tuesday also. Mine is barely hanging on and fingers crossed it makes it another week.
          Mine completely quit last Thursday.

Comment

Mine completely quit last Thursday.
            Yeah that sucks. I ordered mine last Monday and was told about 10 to 14 days. Its 15 yrs old and hopefully its got another week left in it. Lots of people on here been having a/c issues the past 2 weeks.

Comment

I am for sure adjusting the portable in our bedroom. Woke up to 62deg this morning. My wife had got up during the night and added a blanket to her side of the bed.

Comment

They've brought in crisis counselors for the snowflakes that can't handle losing their job. Gonna get a little tough, but life will go on.
                , very unfortunate. i am glad i made the switch to RI&S, when I did. Modal Shop ain't looking that good as well, but not sure they can absorb half of the guys from Lemmon... we will see how it plays out the next 2 years....

Chin up Randy, now get back to work!!

David G

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                  , very unfortunate. i am glad i made the switch to RI&S, when I did. Modal Shop ain't looking that good as well, but not sure they can absorb half of the guys from Lemmon... we will see how it plays out the next 2 years....

Chin up Randy, now get back to work!!

David G
                  We have several that are going ahead and retiring. I was planning for two more years anyway. The way I'm seeing it, if you retire you get your pension and 401k. If I stay until they boot me out the door I'll get my pension, 401k and 35 weeks severance pay. Plus be able to apply for unemployment. I'm riding this pony into the ground.

Comment

We have several that are going ahead and retiring. I was planning for two more years anyway. The way I'm seeing it, if you retire you get your pension and 401k. If I stay until they boot me out the door I'll get my pension, 401k and 35 weeks severance pay. Plus be able to apply for unemployment. I'm riding this pony into the ground.
                    and I would do the same thing, do not blame you at all.... heard package talk. not sure what it entails. unless HR has reached already.

David G

Comment

Hang in there Randy, something will turn up. If not, somebody on here gave me a good idea about selling Feet pictures on the interwebs. You might look into that.

I feel bad because I think I jinxed everyone with the AC problems . Seems like everyone started having problems right after I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                        and I would do the same thing, do not blame you at all.... heard package talk. not sure what it entails. unless HR has reached already.

David G
                        We're supposed to be getting more info. I just heard there is a bonus for staying on top of the severance pay.
                        Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        Hang in there Randy, something will turn up. If not, somebody on here gave me a good idea about selling Feet pictures on the interwebs. You might look into that.

I feel bad because I think I jinxed everyone with the AC problems . Seems like everyone started having problems right after I did.
                        I don't know what the deal is with AC's this year. There are 5 of us here at work that are down plus the folks on here.

Comment

I was Rockwell Collins until UTC (United Technologies Corp) bought us and we merged with UTC Aerospace and became Collins Aerospace. Then UTC spun off Otis Elevator and Carrier Air-conditioning before merging/taking over Raytheon and forming RTX (Raytheon Technologies). I say take over as UTC chairman and CEO is leading the new RTX and 8 of the 15 board members are from UTC. We have NO work here in Richardson so we all are wondering what's next...
                          If I can make December then my wife will be 65 and eligible for Medicare.
                          Ride it my friend!!

I have a 110 and a 240 window units if you need them. They are just sittting in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                            I was Rockwell Collins until UTC (United Technologies Corp) bought us and we merged with UTC Aerospace and became Collins Aerospace. Then UTC spun off Otis Elevator and Carrier Air-conditioning before merging/taking over Raytheon and forming RTX (Raytheon Technologies). I say take over as UTC chairman and CEO is leading the new RTX and 8 of the 15 board members are from UTC. We have NO work here in Richardson so we all are wondering what's next...
                            If I can make December then my wife will be 65 and eligible for Medicare.
                            Ride it my friend!!

I have a 110 and a 240 window units if you need them. They are just sittting in my garage.
                            Yeah, we pretty much started down hill when we merged with United Technologies. My wife is already on medicare so if I can last until January, I'll be eligible.

Thanks for the offer, but we're OK.
                            Last edited by Goldeneagle; 06-29-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I am for sure adjusting the portable in our bedroom. Woke up to 62deg this morning. My wife had got up during the night and added a blanket to her side of the bed.

Now that's a dang cold room! My kinda sleeping weather..

Comment

Had an all hands meeting and were told the building is getting shut down at the end of 2024. I guess 46 years is all I get.

To top the day off, the A/C in my house took a crap during the night.

The snowball has started down hill.
                                Any chance of severance? Hopefully they'll reward your loyalty. 46 years is a rarity these days.

Hope the A/C repair is minor. Good luck, Randy.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the second page before posting. Sorry to ask a redundant question!
                                Last edited by Michael; 06-29-2022, 09:25 AM.
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X