No announcement yet.

Drivers license rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've put off reading this thread for sometime, I'm sorry it went down the way it did but good golly that is hilarious lol

Comment

This happened to me also. They told me I could go home and get it and come right back and not wait in line. That was great except I live 17 miles out of town. An inconvenience to say the least, just wish they would let you know via mail that you have to have that info beforehand

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        I went through the same crap 3 years ago at that same age. Had to go and get birth certificate. If your license has the gold star on it now you should be able to renew on line again.
        Mine has the Gold star,Renewal notice said since i renewed online last time i had to come in this time

Comment

Lost my wallet several years ago and when I went to the DL office to get a replacement they asked for ID---I politely asked them what kind of ID did they think I would have since I lost my wallet. Fortunately, this was long enough ago that the proof of citizenship wasn't an issue and the clerk said "Well, a voter ID card would be OK". Just happened to have mine in the truck and that took care of things. Now-this year when I renewed, it was a different story, but I had my passport, my military ID, my voter's card, my birth certificate, and didn't have any problems.

Comment

Yep they got me too. Drove an hour to get there and then had to turn around to get my birth certificate. Thank goodness it was before the appt thing.

Comment

From reading all these posts and being told this by a State DMV employee they can accept any recognized ID, anyone that works at the DMV that is not a State DMV employee, such as a county employee, all they can accept is your birth certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
                Mine has the Gold star,Renewal notice said since i renewed online last time i had to come in this time

Wife just got the letter and we made her appointment. This thread confirms our understanding that she needs to show up with her birth certificate or passport.

I almost didn’t bother to read the details when the appointment confirmation said she needed to bring proof of citizenship. Glad I did.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                  Wife just got the letter and we made her appointment. This thread confirms our understanding that she needs to show up with her birth certificate or passport.

I almost didn’t bother to read the details when the appointment confirmation said she needed to bring proof of citizenship. Glad I did.
                  Take everything just in case!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    From reading all these posts and being told this by a State DMV employee they can accept any recognized ID, anyone that works at the DMV that is not a State DMV employee, such as a county employee, all they can accept is your birth certificate.
                    If that’s the case, then not a single person in the Brenham DPS office is a state DMV employee…because they wouldn’t even let you in the door without a BC

Comment

Drivers license rant

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post

I think if everybody would have taken the time to do this, they’d realize that the DMV did tell them it was needed before they drove in. Mine did in the original letter, and on the appointment set up website online after I completed it. I dang sure wouldn’t have dug around in my safe for it and brought mine if it wasn’t there in black and white. “The devil is in the details”… [emoji41]
                      Last edited by Smart; 06-20-2022, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Pretty dumb that they can't figure out I'm an American between my social, DL, and LTC, but it said plainly bring a birth certificate. Gotta read the instructions. Too bad we've had to make those instructions more difficult because of the leeches from down below.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                          Pretty dumb that they can't figure out I'm an American between my social, DL, and LTC, but it said plainly bring a birth certificate. Gotta read the instructions. Too bad we've had to make those instructions more difficult because of the leeches from down below.
                          I agree, they gave me warning and I missed it. Not the issue I was complaining about. I just get annoyed when things make no sense. The Real ID site says there are multiple forms of acceptable IDs yet most are not accepted at DMV. You need a BC to get a DL, and you can use a DL to get a BC.
                          Having a DL for 45 yrs but I am not in their system, BUT the sign in computer gives my info with simply my phone number as input.
                          This is just ONE of my character flaws as I do not accept things "because they say so". I have always been a "Why" kind of guy.
                          Good news, tomorrow I go back with all my docs, I hope! I still don't understand why but I am doing it anyway.

Comment

Man that was easy so far. Got my certified birth certificate in 2 days. Set an appointment for 2:00 tomorrow. {1 day}

Hoping it fly's.

Thanks for the help all...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              Man that was easy so far. Got my certified birth certificate in 2 days. Set an appointment for 2:00 tomorrow. {1 day}

Hoping it fly's.

No problem. I got mine done as well. Laughed with the people about how crazy it is, but like they said "they don't make the rules". It was painless but I took 10 pieces of credentials just in case! The guy just laughed his *** off about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post

Hoping it fly's.

which birth certificate? the one like a hospital issues or a county record?

Comment

Working...
                                X