Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to agree with CB. I don't know anything about the kid but, as I look at film, I see him playing against a lot of small, slow competition. That's not an indictment on him; he can only play who is in front of him. But that could also be a reason why he chose Texas. IF (and that's a big "if") Ewers works out, then Arch will have a season to sit and learn.

Comment

Just not worth getting worked up about. The only real impact I see from this is some recruiting leverage.
      Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-23-2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
        I tend to agree with CB. I don't know anything about the kid but, as I look at film, I see him playing against a lot of small, slow competition. That's not an indictment on him; he can only play who is in front of him. But that could also be a reason why he chose Texas. IF (and that's a big "if") Ewers works out, then Arch will have a season to sit and learn.

That theory of he plays smaller kids in 2A is ridiculous IMO. Colt McCoy played at Jim Neds, not exactly South Lake Carrol and he had a pretty good career. Arch has the pedigree to be a really good QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 College Football - Offseason

No clue CB, but the coaches know something. Kirby, Saban, Dabo, they all wanted him. Not only for his possibilities as a player, but for what he brings to the table in recruiting. Call it the #ArchEffect

There have only been three Qb's with a 1.000 rating. VY won a National Title, Ewers is competing for the starting role, and Manning just committed.

We're looking at Ewers/Card for now.
          Last edited by Chad C; 06-23-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Congratulations, to Longhorn nation.... I won't say that a certain QB didn't do so well against the Dallas team at the LSU 7v7 showcase....[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Just not worth getting worked up about. The only real impact I see from this is some recruiting leverage.
              Tons of leverage.

Comment

It's huge news. Since when does ESPN talk about a recruits commitment in June?

Big enough for it's own thread. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-23-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Huge for Texas. He has unlimited potential. - Greg McElroy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    I've seen Arch play in person 3 times, and most recently at a 7on7 skills tournament. He's a very nice QB but IMO, not the next John Elway or Dan Marino based on his HS performance. He plays in 2A division and was named Honorable Mention All-State, not even 1st or 2nd team QB. His recruiting rankings are due to his last name and family affiliation. If his name was "Thomas Wilson" nobody would know who he is.

People are either fawning over Manning, or hyper-critical. Positives: Arch is very cerebral and pretty mobile in the pocket. Needs to work on his touch, as he has a tendency to throw passes with too much gas. He is coachable and these are things he can fine tune at the next level. Congrats to Texas on your 2023 QB.
                    I don't disagree with this. It is a big recruiting win for Texas for the impact the #1 overall recruit can have with other recruits and the fact that Texas really needed that kind of win after going 5-7 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                      Congratulations, to Longhorn nation.... I won't say that a certain QB didn't do so well against the Dallas team at the LSU 7v7 showcase....[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
                      The greenies struggled against a squad from Dallas? Darn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        That theory of he plays smaller kids in 2A is ridiculous IMO. Colt McCoy played at Jim Neds, not exactly South Lake Carrol and he had a pretty good career. Arch has the pedigree to be a really good QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Just because Colt is an outlier, doesn't mean that the theory is wrong. If you are evaluating tape, it is alot easier to evaluate a kid that plays against high level 6A texas high school talent than it is a kid that is playing in a small private school.

That doesn't mean Arch won't be a stud. It just means it is hard to get a great read on his current skill and talent level.

Comment

Great pick up for UT.

What Happens Now?
                          -Are Quinn, Card and Arch all on team in 23?
                          -Does Card transfer out fairly soon with writing on the wall to try to be a starter elsewhere?
                          -Does Quinn absolutely kill it next year and dominantly establish himself as multi year starter and Arch commits elsewhere before signing day?
                          -Does Quinn do terrible, Sark's seat gets super hot and Arch plays as a freshmen, which i dont think his fam was wanting?
                          -Does Quinn stumble next year and Card kills it and Quinn starts wondering elsewhere?

Be interesting to see how this one plays out int he new age of 24/7 transfers.
                          Last edited by Fmjag64; 06-23-2022, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            It's huge news. Since when does ESPN talk about a recruits commitment in June?
                            The news is HUGE because of this kid's name and family. For 3 years now, the recruiting wizards and the Mickey Mouse network have been pumping "Arch Manning". His name alone will attract other top talented recruits. He has a perfect 1.000 ranking, and the same as Vince Young like Chad pointed out. Manning is not in the same stratosphere as VY, I see him more of a Chris Simms 2.0. Arch's commitment alone makes the program better which is great for UT. Regarding 2023 QB's, Eli Holstein is clearly better than Manning as their rankings should be flip-flopped.

Comment

Card has two options. Backup or transfer.

Comment

If Manning is Chris Simms 2.0, then I'm okay with that. Simms was a ****ed good football player at Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X