Headed out with wife- Early start as usual when fishing with her
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      From the looks of it, you could take a nap pretty easy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had 2 keepers today near the pass on the Freeport side. A handful of undersize trout. Action died quick after sunrise & then no more hits till I left a little before 9. didn't see much caught from anyone. I got there late about sunrise. Woke up right before the alarm & had been feeling horrible all night, so rolled back over. About 4:45 woke up again & said heck with & jumped in truck.

If cams look good this evening ,I plan on being in the water before daylight tomorrow.

Comment

It was flat calm out in corpus the past couple of days almost ran out of the jetties to see if we could find some kings but elected to stay inshore bite was decent the first couple of hours then slowed down. Picked up lots of under size trout to 16 “ managed enough over 17 for a fish fry one night. Reds were plentiful on the edges of the channel near drains as the tide would turn from and start coming in. Flats were super low on low tide

Comment

Looking forward to the report, Glen.

Comment

We pulled Southern and it was dead. Went to Aransas Bank and had a little more bait moving. Only caught blackfin though. Had one UFO on a 50 that peeled out about 100 yards and unbuttoned

Comment

Any guide recommendations around the Freeport area

Comment

We pulled Southern and it was dead. Went to Aransas Bank and had a little more bait moving. Only caught blackfin though. Had one UFO on a 50 that peeled out about 100 yards and unbuttoned
                  We've gone out a couple times the last couple weeks and put a lady fish on a shark rod while trout fishing. There are some big sharks in the bays right now! Had 2 break me off on Sunday, and landed a 5 ft bull shark. The line on my shark rod was like 10 years old, so we re spooled that bad boy and will be back after some of those big ones that broke us off in a couple days.

Comment

Doug and I tried fishing yesterday evening and wind had water stained and we had casting practice. Got up this morning early and caught a bunch of trout. No idea how many. Mostly undersized but but at least 8 that were over 17. Doug kept 6 to have family over to eat. Good morning- I fish Ice colored Down South and Doug caught on popping cork and DOA combo

Comment

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Been targeting redfish with hopes of one with red or blue jewelry!
                      Flounder gigging has been pretty good too.
                      Port O’Connor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                        Port O’Connor

Congrats

Comment

Question about blue crabs in the bays:

The past 3 weekends I’ve soaked 6 crap traps for 48hrs each time. Last summer, I’d have anywhere from 8-10+crabs per trap, this summer has yielded 1 or less crab per trap.

Traps have been baited the same and placed in the same areas.

I don’t know what the deal is. Thinking it may be salinity levels.

Anyone have any explanation or thoughts?

Comment

Port O’Connor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

That cleaning table looks familiar! My back yard.
                            Congratulations on a solid box!

Awesome job Glenn and Doug!

I’d been getting my but handed to me. Kayaked with the wife the other day. She caught a gaftop, and lost another. Then we had a school of around 50 redfish all around us, between us, everywhere. And didn’t catch one.

On the way back to the truck, wife sight casted to a big ugly. No luck. I stood on my kayak, and put it right in front of it. Was not intentional, but I could hooked it on top of the head.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I feel your pain F4F, so much so I'm going to find some new water. No problem finding fish, I just think I'm finding blind fish. I'm glad somebody's catching em.
                              Last edited by kevin nicholls; 06-22-2022, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                                I feel your pain F4F, so much so I'm going to find some new water. No problem finding fish, I just think I'm finding blind fish. I'm somebody's catching em.
                                Throw them a croaker! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X