Diesel for Mesquites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel for Mesquites?

Can I kill mesquites if I cut them off at the ground and immediately coat the stump with diesel?

These are small trees, 2-5 inches in diameter.

I don't think I have the credentials for applying some of the other good chemicals, and I was wondering if just straight diesel will work.

Thanks, and any other advise is appreciated.

Brett

Might need to move to Around the Campfire.to get some responses

Comment

Nevermind

Comment

Diesel and remedy

Comment

no idea but would stop for a bit...

Comment

You can afford to pour diesel on the ground

Comment

Add Remedy to the diesel or use Invora with water. Both of these are restricted use herbicides though.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                Add Remedy to the diesel or use Invora with water. Both of these are restricted use herbicides though.
                Remedy is not restricted. You can buy it at TSC, but there a generic versions of Tryclopir that are much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by bowguy75 View Post
                  Can I kill mesquites if I cut them off at the ground and immediately coat the stump with diesel?

These are small trees, 2-5 inches in diameter.

I don't think I have the credentials for applying some of the other good chemicals, and I was wondering if just straight diesel will work.

Thanks, and any other advise is appreciated.

Brett

Where are you located? (Good thing to throw in your profile)

Someone close to you, may be able to swing you some of the good stuff.

We mix remedy and diesel and it’s very effective, on everything. Every. living. thing.

Invora is very expensive but has a 6-8 year residual, so it will kill mesquite and keep killing for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mdeaso View Post
                    Diesel and remedy

^^This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you spray diesel/remedy mix on foliage or the truck or does the tree have to be cut first and then sprayed on the stump?

Found this:

3. Spray the Mesquite
                      Stem applications are effective throughout the year but the best time to spray is during the growing season when temperatures are high.

Be sure to adjust the sprayer nozzle to deliver a narrow, cone-shaped mist. Holding the nozzle within 1 to 2 inches of the mesquite stem, spray the mixture on the plant’s stem or trunk from the ground line to a height of 12 inches. Apply the mixture to all sides of the trunk, wetting almost to the point of runoff.

Comment

Have a question in mind? We have answers – FindAnyAnswer.com

options

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
                          Remedy is not restricted. You can buy it at TSC, but there a generic versions of Tryclopir that are much cheaper.

Was going to say this, but he beat me to it

Comment

cut down
                            drill a 1/2'' hole in stump and pour in drano or muriatic acid

Comment

Just diesel alone will not kill them. I tried that years ago. Like others said, add remedy at
                              1 qt with 3qts diesel and it will kill almost everyone if you poison right after you cut it.

Comment

Working...
                              X