Protein Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein Prices

Anyone know of any protein cheaper than $14? Called all of the below and seems like the going rate is just shy of $15. Between gas/ feed prices this is getting to expensive to drive down for the day to fill feeders.

llano- L&E- 14.35
    San Saba- Riggs and SS Produce 14.45
    Goldwaite - Ranch Land Feed - 15
    Evant- M&W Agg Supply - 14.25

Not going to get any better than that $14.25/50 lbs anywhere for any brand. We’re paying what equals $13.50/50 for bulk right now.

Comment

Especially tough on us small guys whose neighbors don’t feed but hunt hard
      Glad I fed cottonseed early but having a tougher decision feeding cows AND deer now.

Comment

Originally posted by Texashookset View Post
        Not going to get any better than that $14.25/50 lbs anywhere for any brand. We’re paying what equals $13.50/50 for bulk right now.
        Yep , our guy is $14.20 “ friend price “
        Corn moved to $11

Comment

Paying $13.25 for West feeds 20% but I'm not sure how good it is. Deer are living off it. They are going through 2500 pounds in less than 3 weeks on 130 acres. Figured I'd be seeing a little better results so far. Gorman has a 17% protein for $11.80. I may switch back to them even though its not as convenient to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
            Paying $13.25 for West feeds 20% but I'm not sure how good it is. Deer are living off it. They are going through 2500 pounds in less than 3 weeks on 130 acres. Figured I'd be seeing a little better results so far. Gorman has a 17% protein for $11.80. I may switch back to them even though its not as convenient to pick up.
            I would stay with West protein if I were you. Deer pound it as you are seeing and will do much better because of consumption rate. I’m feeding 28% MG Texas Trash and deer don’t consume a fraction of what they did when West was available to me. Protein isn’t a miracle drug. Just my 2 cents for what it’s worth.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
              Yep , our guy is $14.20 “ friend price “
              Corn moved to $11
              Yessir it’s ridiculous. I’ve never wanted to kill those fat *** free loading coons so bad. They’re breaking me.

Comment

Strutty's in Bulverde on 281 has Antler Plus for $13 for 16% and $13.50 for 20% right now

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                  Strutty's in Bulverde on 281 has Antler Plus for $13 for 16% and $13.50 for 20% right now
                  Good people at Struttys, we’ve bought pig show feed and dog food from them for years. My buddy on our place buys the Antler Max from them, didn’t know it was $13 a bag but it’s also a 3.5 hour haul to the ranch for him/me so I prefer to use the blower instead of bags. He ives other side of the creek from me in 78163. We’re getting DD delivered to the ranch hopper as of this month. Used L&E out there for last four years anyway but the DD rep pretty much matched their bulk price so we’ll see.

Comment

Not sure in his price but I can get you in contact with a purina dealer that has beat everyone’s price on sheep feed for me. I know he will even fill your feeders for you. Located in Lometa not sure the area he covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

down here Fehner 17% deer pellets are aroun $12 a bag

Comment

$11.85 for 17% Buck Creek pellets at Gorman Milling

Comment

15.10 a bag of Double down in Hurst Tx.

Comment

Keep paying it and it’ll keep going up….. it ain’t rocket science.

Comment

Paid $14.50 / 50 for M&G 16% yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X