San Luis Pass Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Luis Pass Fishing

Any tips? Headed down with the RV later this month and thinking we may go fish at the pass some mornings or after dark. Might take the generator and stage lights to set up for some night fishing. Will stay out of the water of course, but any other tips would be appreciated.

We have a pile of typical inshore rods/reels and a couple 10' surf rods with Avet reels at our disposal.

Comment

Sounds fun. I thought they filled that pass in awhile back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

be very careful fishing there.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Sounds fun. I thought they filled that pass in awhile back?

That was Rollover.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
            That was Rollover.
            Yes and I’m still pizzed!! Wading the mouth of Roll Over at daylight on an outgoing tide on the gulf side provided me some epic trips through the years.

Comment

OP it’s been along time since I’ve been there but across the bridge on the Surside side provided deeper water for night fishing with lights. The right set up and timing can make for a lot of action. Good luck to you sir.

Comment

Wade fishing over in Christmas Bay is an option too. I can drop a few pins on some good spots if you decide to go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  OP it’s been along time since I’ve been there but across the bridge on the Surside side provided deeper water for night fishing with lights. The right set up and timing can make for a lot of action. Good luck to you sir.
                  Last year the gut was on the Galveston side Terry- I think it’s been like that for a while!

Be careful down there it can be very dangerous but you can also end up with a meat haul. Just respect it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                    Last year the gut was on the Galveston side Terry- I think it’s been like that for a while!

Be careful down there it can be very dangerous but you can also end up with a meat haul. Just respect it!
                    Yes I forgot to say that those guts and main channels can change with each major hurricane.

Comment

There are guts all over that pass. I anchored on the gulf side once and used 10 or 12 feet of rope. I eased of the swim platform to cool off and could touch the bottom

Comment

I would say be careful wading unless you enjoy drowning.

Comment

Tip #1, wear a life jacket if you decide to wade.

Comment

Ive almost drowned there several times...be careful.

Comment

Working...
                            X