Need a PC GURU in a bad way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a PC GURU in a bad way

Ok folks, I think I really screwed up. I inadvertently changed my personal desktop owner password.

I have tried various ways to do system restores to a previous point etc... they all require the password.

I really don't want to restore to factory settings and loose everything. What backdoor tricks y'all got? it is 6 years old and I think Windows 10.

up for the morning crowd. Will check back in a few hours, headed to the lease.

Comment

For the sum of $50,000 if you will please forward to my uncle
      in Nigeria the sum. I will submit you the new password.

Comment

Dang… I hate having all those passwords for everything.

Not much help here but by chance did the computer come with any type of recovery disk? I know my old apple you could pop in the recovery disk and it would take you down a path where you could set up a new password without losing any data.

How is the move coming along. Are you folks already moved??

Comment

Have you tried this?

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-...r%20the%20code.

Comment

If you have access to another computer, I'm pretty sure this is the tool our Desktop support used on our Windows 7 systems.

As the easiest Windows password recovery tool, PassFab 4WinKey offers you the simplest, safest and most powerful solution to reset your Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP local administrator and Microsoft password in only 3 steps.

Comment

Here are the instructions for PassFab

Comment

Just got home. Long day.

I have a work computer right next to my personal one, but can't do a whole lot due to security constraints. I'll look into the 2nd email thing.

Comment

You literally work with computers for a living. You would be the guy I would call if I had a problem. Now I'm scared I can't call you with a problem.

Comment

you're funny Bob. Yeah I got a degree in computer science(before PC's were around) and have made a living as a dinosaur
                    mainframe programmer.

I am out of my comfort zone with PC stuff. I know a little, but just enough to be dangerous.

and yes, I did use punch cards once upon a time.

Call me anytime with a computer problem... I'm sure I can get ya all screwed up

Comment

Can you change the boot order on the work computer, and are you able to download the password recovery tools?

Comment

I can't touch my work computer.

I got a USB drive I can use. I am gonna try to use the free trial for one of the downloads to A usb drive nd see if I can reboot from it or what ever it ask. I have a tablet I am working off of.

course I can't get on TBH on the tablet so I am sneaking in on the work computer.

Comment

rigged up an old computer. we'll se if it works, the Passfab 4 winkey

Comment

Have a BIL and nephew that are gurus if need in the Austin area. Let me know if I can put you in touch with them.

Comment

Hopedale came through. I used the pass key thingy. was a tedious process, but it worked. Cost 15 bucks, but well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X