What's the breaking point for Bitcoin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    What the hell is up with this breaking point bullcrap? If you have a breaking point in anything on this earth quit at life because you don't deserve to be here. I've seen more threads about breaking points than you can shake a stick at lately. I don't get it.

Breaking points are for the weak. Apparently it's some running joke that I'm not aware of but if you have a breaking point just stop.
    Sounds like this thread was yours.
    Calm down, you're scaring the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      Not sure if this relates but I just left a meeting with a buddy that mines bitcoin. When the Chinese outlawed mining he went to Canada and bought $10M worth of Chinese computers and set shop up in Tx. which has low cost elec. he just spent another $1M liquid cooling the computers so he could mine 3 extra coins a month. He is quite savvy in the space. Anyway, just for the curious his break even on mining is $21,500 per coin.

Probably not relevant to the intent of this thread but I thought interesting
      Bitcoin is capped at 21 mill coins, currently there are 19M that have been mined leaving only 2M un-mined.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        Bitcoin is capped at 21 mill coins, currently there are 19M that have been mined leaving only 2M un-mined.
        I call BS on 21 mil.

One day it will come out there are many many more. Why do I think this?

Simple. How many big crypto traders are there around the globe? How many Countries buy BTC? How many companies have stashes 1,000-20,000 BTC?

Then millions and millions of people have their partial bitcoin.

Long story short if there were only 19 mil tradeable bitcoin they would all be locked down tight. There are far more than 20 million hard core crypto believers that would buy and never sell.

And I didn't even get into Robinhood and junk platforms where people supposedly own BTC because they don't actually own it on those sites. Try to buy a bitcoin on Robinhood and move it to a private wallet. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

The code only allows for mining of 21M coins. That's it. It is hard-coded in.
          Are companies (exchanges, platforms, etc) floating more than that? Maybe likely.
          But as far as the actual blockchain, there cannot be any more than 21M.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Looks like your breaking point is reading too many breaking point threads
            Someone get okrattler a cold one.

Comment

I call BS on 21 mil.

Simple. How many big crypto traders are there around the globe? How many Countries buy BTC? How many companies have stashes 1,000-20,000 BTC?

Long story short if there were only 19 mil tradeable bitcoin they would all be locked down tight. There are far more than 20 million hard core crypto believers that would buy and never sell.

And I didn't even get into Robinhood and junk platforms where people supposedly own BTC because they don't actually own it on those sites. Try to buy a bitcoin on Robinhood and move it to a private wallet. Let me know how it goes.
              FYI I do think Robinhood just now finally enabled crypto withdraws/transfers. Got an email about it from them a few days ago.

Comment

What is the best way to purchase Bitcoin?
                The best crpyto wallet?

Comment

Originally posted by Neuse View Post
                  What is the best way to purchase Bitcoin?
                  The best crpyto wallet?
                  I like Gemini, but Coinbase is fine as well.

Numerous choices for wallets, depends on whether you want software or hardware, desktop or mobile, etc.
                  Here's a good resource for info, from a bitcoin dev:

Comment

Thank you sir, that is a lot of info in that website.
                    Is it safe to trust what they are posting?

Comment

Yes

Comment

He is a very well respected bitcoin developer and online privacy / security expert. I trust his info, recommendations, and definitely check to make sure that the links are going to the right place but the products/services are all solid.

Comment

I call BS on 21 mil.

And there it is! Apparently FTX - the second largest crypto exchange, owned zero (yes none) bitcoin. Looks like everyone was trading nothing. Big scheme.

I knew it had to be this way. There are simply more people that think they own bitcoin when they do not.

IMO - it's a risky play but once everyone on a few other exchanges transfers their Bitcoin to a cold wallet the price will run incredibly high. Even if just FTX were forced to buy bitcoin to give to clients that supposedly owned it on their exchange it would rocket.

It's wild to think because what if there are 50 million on exchanges and once people catch on they all try moving to cold wallet? Price goes to 1 million? 10 million? It's this or all exchanges go bankrupt. But I don't think US based companies can just go BK and not pay out like FTX will most likely do.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure about Bitcoin's breaking point but I guess we know where FTX's breaking point was!

Comment

And there it is! Apparently FTX - the second largest crypto exchange, owned zero (yes none) bitcoin. Looks like everyone was trading nothing. Big scheme.

I knew it had to be this way. There are simply more people that think they own bitcoin when they do not.
                              That’s crazy but I bet you’re right.

Comment

FTX was just another democrat laundromat.

Comment

Working...
                                X