Official 1883 Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
    In what episode is the White Elephant Shootout scene?
    It is the 2nd episode, about the last 10-15 minutes,
    When Billy Bob Kills Everybody..

Comment

Finally watched episode 5. Wow! Best one yet

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
        Well they finally made it just across the River. Same River bank she shot herself on.
        Nope, From Episode 3 to river crossing scene in Ep 4 is two different locations. The Sister in Law shot herself along the Trinity outside Fort Worth and the river crossing is the clear fork of the Brazos further west. They explained why when Tim's character expressed no interest in crossing where they were.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Finally watched episode 5. Wow! Best one yet
          The action sure picked up a good bit this last episode. I just knew the cowboy wouldn't last very long.

Also looks like they are picking up speed a little. the Terrain changed quite a bit from the river crossing and looks to be out further North and West Texas some place.

Comment

Every actor has the straightest white teeth for 1883. Think they could have tried to hide all the white veneers at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
              Every actor has the straightest white teeth for 1883. Think they could have tried to hide all the white veneers at least.
              Lol same thing we said! But we are entertained thus far. I will say I told my wife, hell itll be Christmas before they make it out of Texas. 3 episodes and hadnt made it a days ride out of ft worth! I think if you can tolerate Jimmy, Jamie, Teeter, etc then you will like Tim & Faith in 1883. Solid job so far. Im all in! I really dont care if yellowstone comes back as long as they can keep this going. The storylines actually make sense and everything seems fairly realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
                Lol same thing we said! But we are entertained thus far. I will say I told my wife, hell itll be Christmas before they make it out of Texas. 3 episodes and hadnt made it a days ride out of ft worth! I think if you can tolerate Jimmy, Jamie, Teeter, etc then you will like Tim & Faith in 1883. Solid job so far. Im all in! I really dont care if yellowstone comes back as long as they can keep this going. The storylines actually make sense and everything seems fairly realistic.

Agreed. It’s not the soap opera Yellowstone became

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Agreed. It’s not the soap opera Yellowstone became

The difference will be that the end game was determined before they started.

Yellowstone took the beating of “these last 2 seasons sucked/were rushed/had to be thrown together. Game Of Thrones, and The Sopranos were two of the most successful series in the history of TV, and they took the same beating. It’s the nature of the beast… The later seasons will never hold the same “magic” as the early ones, because there are no expectations early on.

I haven’t seen 1883 beyond the 1st episode, but I bet my wife signs up, so I’ll end up watching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trying to get into it but at the speed they are moving everybody will be dead before they even think about getting anywhere close to Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      The difference will be that the end game was determined before they started.

Yellowstone took the beating of “these last 2 seasons sucked/were rushed/had to be thrown together. Game Of Thrones, and The Sopranos were two of the most successful series in the history of TV, and they took the same beating. It’s the nature of the beast… The later seasons will never hold the same “magic” as the early ones, because there are no expectations early on.

I haven’t seen 1883 beyond the 1st episode, but I bet my wife signs up, so I’ll end up watching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree with you. Most successful series imo go too long. Can’t blame them though. It becomes a cash grab at the end.

Comment

I guess I will be the first to say it.......

Tim and Faith are doing a good job in this series. I’ve enjoyed their characters the last couple of episodes.

Those of you that can’t separate the real life politics from the actors, you will never like the show I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          I just knew the cowboy wouldn't last very long.
                          Yeah, it's a shame as I really liked his character. He was funny in a goofy sort of way. Like some of the guys my daughter has dated!

I've been enjoying this series also.

Comment

We are watching as well. It did start slowly, but picking up steam now.

Comment

I like the show. Maybe its a little slow because the actual trip would have taken months and a lot of those days nothing much happened. Just a thought. I was kind of bummed the cowboy got killed as well, but it was obvious he couldn't last long. Elsa has a little of her daddy in her based on the way she dealt with his killer. No episode next week sucks. I wish they would release all episodes at once like Netflix does.

Comment

Its ok, getting predictable.
                                Margaret catches Elsa with Ennis
                                Margaret tells Elsa she wont raise her child
                                Ennis dies
                                Elsa will be preggers.. its 1883
                                Spencer is supposed to be Elsas 10yo brother.
                                Flashback epidode, 1893, Spencer is 10.
                                Margaret is not pregnant in 1883.
                                Thus Spencer is Elsa's son who Margaret has to raise after saying she wont

Footnote, they should have crossed the Brazos in Waco, the suspension bridge opened in 1869. If theyre headed for Abilene Ks, they are following the Chisolm trail, founded by Jesse Chisolm. They need to sell their cows in Caldwell Ks, the Chisolm trail ended in Caldwell in 1883,.. 151miles south of Abilene.

Comment

Working...
                                X