No announcement yet.

Asking for prayers for a 4 yr old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent for a positive follow up visit. God heals.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers Sent

Comment

So the appointment went well. Fractured thumb just has a band-aid on it to keep the nail from lifting. Doc said the other thumb looked good, I said "not to me". He got a laugh about that. There was a team of doctors that came to observe. It was cut off right above the white part of the nail at the cuticle. Which he said was good, less likely chance of permanent damage to the nail bed. He stood behind the no surgery even after I said I shouldn't be able to see my kids bones. The healing will take longer but it should look much more normal, just shorter. He brought the other young doctors in to observe because the amputation is what he considered a bad amputation. I thought about selling tickets and getting a tent when the bandage off, "come check it the boy with the amputated thumb", "get your tickets here". The young doctors were standing on their tip toes looking over the doctors shoulder. If surgery is required it will be in 3 more weeks if the skin doesn't cover the bone on its own. I will keep y'all posted. Sorry for the long write up. Thank y'all very much for the prayers, and keep at it. We're not to the finish line yet. 6 weeks left.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very happy to hear that report! He's got you for a dad...so I feel sure he is going to bounce right back and be making jokes all the while doing it! (But even so, I continue to pray for quick healing with no side effects).

Comment

Prayers for a great recovery for ur son.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      Very happy to hear that report! He's got you for a dad...so I feel sure he is going to bounce right back and be making jokes all the while doing it! (But even so, I continue to pray for quick healing with no side effects).
                      Thx Mary. He is joking around everyday. Pushing the limits. I know when he pushes to far because it stops him in his tracks. Then he sits there for a second before he starts crying

Comment

Maybe we will have to move this thread to do it yourself.

If I can build the nerve, I will take progress pics of rebuilding a thumb.

Comment

Sounds like everything is going well! Glad he's in good spirits.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by Sit-n-Sleep View Post
                                So the appointment went well. Fractured thumb just has a band-aid on it to keep the nail from lifting. Doc said the other thumb looked good, I said "not to me". He got a laugh about that. There was a team of doctors that came to observe. It was cut off right above the white part of the nail at the cuticle. Which he said was good, less likely chance of permanent damage to the nail bed. He stood behind the no surgery even after I said I shouldn't be able to see my kids bones. The healing will take longer but it should look much more normal, just shorter. He brought the other young doctors in to observe because the amputation is what he considered a bad amputation. I thought about selling tickets and getting a tent when the bandage off, "come check it the boy with the amputated thumb", "get your tickets here". The young doctors were standing on their tip toes looking over the doctors shoulder. If surgery is required it will be in 3 more weeks if the skin doesn't cover the bone on its own. I will keep y'all posted. Sorry for the long write up. Thank y'all very much for the prayers, and keep at it. We're not to the finish line yet. 6 weeks left.

My sister in law has a thumb like that. She got it caught in a sliding glass door in the 80's. You don't even notice it, and it doesn't slow her down.

Comment

Working...
                                X