No announcement yet.

2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be strange not seeing Beltre' at 3rd base. Life goes on.

HOF in his future. Hope the guy enjoys the next phase of his life. Too bad Feliz couldn't get one more strike. Oh well...

Comment

There’s goes the only reason I’d even occasionally tune in to a Rangers game the last couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One of the best to play the game. Pure enjoyment watching him play.

Comment

One of my faves. No drama. Just **** good baseball.

Comment

Comment

Awesome person and player . The rangers really will suck now .

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                It is that rare individual who can play the game at the very highest level, hold everyone else around him accountable, have everyone in the game's total respect, and still have that **** much fun.

I'll never forget what a treat it has been to watch Adrian Beltre play baseball.
                Spot on Dale.
                It’s gonna be hard for me to get over not seeing AB out there manning the hot corner for the Rangers. The team and maybe even the entire organization takes on a whole different persona without him.
                I can’t imagine a ball player, past or present, being any more respected and even admired by not just his own teammates but by the entire league.
                When I think back on the many memories I have of 2-9 I’ll remember him most for the epic day that Rougy Odor put the smack down on Jose Bautista. [emoji23] We all remember Belts grabbed Bautista and bear hugged him for close to 3 minutes after the initial brew haha. Now...I fully understand that Jose didn’t possess the mental capacity at the time to fight Adrian. I mean...the cobwebs in his brain had yet to clear. [emoji14] That said, there’s no way on earth a player from the opposing team is gonna be able to hold you back........period. That just doesn’t happen. I have to think it’s because it was Adrian Beltre doing the holding.

He’s just a special guy and I hope those that got to see him really understand what a special talent they were fortunate enough to witness. I sure will miss him.

Thanks for the memories Belts. Well done sir...well done indeed.

Comment

Profar to the A’s

Comment

Profar penciled in as A's starting second baseman. Rangers get some pitching prospects, and another hitter that may or may not have a field position, in return. Don't know who will be at 3rd for Rangers next year. Maybe IKF? We shall see.

Club also in talks with D. Holland.

Comment

I hate making any deal with the A’s. I can’t help but think they will end up getting the better of us. I like JD, but he’s no Billy Bean.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        Profar penciled in as A's starting second baseman. Rangers get some pitching prospects, and another hitter that may or may not have a field position, in return. Don't know who will be at 3rd for Rangers next year. Maybe IKF? We shall see.

Club also in talks with D. Holland.

Heard they are wanting Gallo to play third

Comment

I don't like it either sending a young somewhat talented player to division foe, but when this team should be ready to contend Profar will be a free agent and most likely no longer an A

Comment

Ok, after reading about what's coming I like the deal. We need arms and this adds a lot of depth in the minors

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                              Heard they are wanting Gallo to play third

Could be the club wants Gallo to play 3rd. Last year Gallo said he never wanted to play 3rd again. I guess he'll play where they tell him to play. We shall see.

We get to start finding out in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                                Could be the club wants Gallo to play 3rd. Last year Gallo said he never wanted to play 3rd again. I guess he'll play where they tell him to play. We shall see.

We get to start finding out in a few weeks.
                                Seems I remember him saying that as well. He played it well for limited trial run

Comment

Working...
                                X