shingles shot side effects ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shingles shot side effects ...

Got the Shringrix shot yesterday, now this afternoon I'm feeling chilling and semi-flu like. I can't find that that's a side effect.
    Anyone else had similar?

It probably is from the shot. Shingles vaccine is a live culture.

Comment

I felt the same way when I got my shot. You will feel better in 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        Got the Shringrix shot yesterday, now this afternoon I'm feeling chilling and semi-flu like. I can't find that that's a side effect.
        Anyone else had similar?
        Yes, It effected me the same way.My arm hurt for 3 days, couldn't sleep on that side. The booster shot I got 60 days later was a replay .

Comment

Could just be the herpes

Comment

“Shingrix is not a live vaccine

A live vaccine is one that contains a weakened form of a germ. Shingrix is not a live vaccine. It's an inactive vaccine, which is a vaccine that's made from a germ that's been killed.

Because Shingrix is inactive, more people can receive it. This includes people with a weakened immune system (the body's defense against disease)”

Shingrix (recombinant varicella zoster virus) is a brand-name, non-live vaccine. It helps prevent shingles (herpes zoster). Learn about its side effects and more.

Comment

I don't remember any ill effects from it when I got the vaccine but it's been a while back.

Comment

Zostavax, also a shingles vaccine, is a live culture.

Comment

Had shingles when I was 30.

I'd have gladly traded them for a day or two of aches and chills.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                    Had shingles when I was 30.

I'd have gladly traded them for a day or two of aches and chills.

Yes got it as a teenager. It’s the worst.

Comment

My wife and I got it a few weeks ago and felt just like you do for a few days. Then, it went away. I have had the shingles twice, and the few days of side effects are worth it if it prevents the shingles!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        My wife and I got it a few weeks ago and felt just like you do for a few days. Then, it went away. I have had the shingles twice, and the few days of side effects are worth it if it prevents the shingles!
                        agree, guess I didn't really expect anything.

Comment

I didn't have any side effects. I get the second shot next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilik2hunt View Post
                            Yes, It effected me the same way.My arm hurt for 3 days, couldn't sleep on that side. The booster shot I got 60 days later was a replay .
                            ^^^ this......but I'll take this anytime over a full blown case of shingles!!

Comment

When I got my shingles shot I roofed 5 houses
                              before I got over it

Comment

Working...
                              X