Camo for North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo for North Texas

Hey guys, this is my first year hunting in Texas and I'm looking at getting some new camo. I have been set on getting scentlok stuff but they have so many different sets, layers and all that and I'm trying to get an idea of what's best to get. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds with waterproof, and windproof. Obviously it needs to be warm too. I'm thinking about either the full season camo or the mid season camo but I'm worried about the mid season stuff not being heavy enough when it gets below 40*. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I’ve been happy with both my Sitka gear and my under armour gear in north Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt-R View Post
      I’ve been happy with both my Sitka gear and my under armour gear in north Texas!
      I looked at sitka gear and that's a little bit out of my budget lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Start with some good base layers, merino is best.

Comment

Don’t know where you are hunting but in NE corner I wear a fleece hoodie and pants

If it is real cool with wind or cold I will add some layers

If you are in the panhandle my outfit will leave you cold and miserable

Best bet is to dress in layers
          Something with wind blocker makes a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You don't need camo if you can find comfy, quiet, warm clothes. Look online or at Duluth Trading co. Find a layering system that works for you. Minus 33 makes affordable wool under garments. Woolly makes a nice all purpose t-shirt. First Lite makes nice pants. I have a bright green puffy from REI. I have a dark green wool shirt from Woolrich. Don't feel like you need to settle for one brand.

Comment

Cabelas wooltimate is Good set for the money

Comment

I wear Cabela's fleece and wooltimate stuff. For stand hunting it's great. Blocks wind well, comfortable and warm when just worn over jeans and long sleeve shirt. As the temps drop, I'll wear more appropriate base layers.

Comment

To quote Fred Bear: The best camo is called sit still and shut up. And layers of clothing. Adjust as needed to stay warm. Outer layer needs to be quiet. Most wind resistant is noisy, so cover it up.

Comment

Agree on quiet and still. Used to hunt with blue jeans, long johns and red flannel. Camo just looks cool.

Comment

Check out fieldsupply.com They are always having great deals on camo and the browning hells canyon speed is good for open country

Comment

This!
                        Originally posted by chongo View Post
                        I wear Cabela's fleece and wooltimate stuff. For stand hunting it's great. Blocks wind well, comfortable and warm when just worn over jeans and long sleeve shirt. As the temps drop, I'll wear more appropriate base layers.

Comment

Working...
                        X