On Time Rice Bran Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Time Rice Bran Feeder

Any reviews? Found them online for 100.00 and was curious how well they work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't.

If I don't throw mine away you can come get it for free. I may have trashed it though.

There are cheaper, more effective ways to feed it

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      They don't.

If I don't throw mine away you can come get it for free. I may have trashed it though.

There are cheaper, more effective ways to feed it

Normally I just pour it in piles. Was just hoping to find a way to keep it going during the week when I can’t get there.

Comment

I have a plastic barrel that works great. Also a pvc pipe that has worked for 4 years

Comment

I have a plastic barrel that works great. Also a pvc pipe that has worked for 4 years

Tell me about the barrel. Are the openings at the very bottom? Looks like there are openings about 4-5” up from the bottom. Are those just rain shields?

Comment

I also have 6 bag feeders that I use. They cost about $20 and hold 40lbs

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
              Tell me about the barrel. Are the openings at the very bottom? Looks like there are openings about 4-5” up from the bottom. Are those just rain shields?

I have a feeder funnel upside down in the inside of the barrel, and I closed the opening of the funnel with duct tape. . This keeps the rice bran flowing towards the openings. It is about 4" from the ground. It also has a rain shield above it. I have yet to have the rice bran bridge or clog with this design. The deer love it.

Comment

This is the bag feeders I have. I prefer the plastic barrel feeder though.

Comment

I have a feeder funnel upside down in the inside of the barrel, and I closed the opening of the funnel with duct tape. . This keeps the rice bran flowing towards the openings. It is about 4" from the ground. It also has a rain shield above it. I have yet to have the rice bran bridge or clog with this design. The deer love it.

Thanks! I have an old barrel at the farm that has rust holes in the bottom. I could use your design and invert the funnel so the rust wouldn’t be an issue.

Comment

If you want the Cadillac of rice bran feeders

Fortress Feeders, Rice Bran Feeder, Timed, Coon Proof - serving Texas

Comment

How do you stop the hogs from pushing that barrel into the next county?!

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                        How do you stop the hogs from pushing that barrel into the next county?!

I don't have hogs on that place.

If I did I would drive a 2 t-posts, and use a ratchet strap to hold it in place.

Comment

I don't have hogs on that place.

If I did I would drive a 2 t-posts, and use a ratchet strap to hold it in place.
                          Wow, no hogs. Lucky you.

Comment

Best do it all rice bran feeder or what ever you want I’ve seen or used. If you have hogs a little hog wire fence around feeder helps

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                              If you want the Cadillac of rice bran feeders

https://fortressfeeders.com/

Yeah too much for my pocket

Comment

Working...
                              X