Boat GPS/Fishfinder help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat GPS/Fishfinder help!

I'm ready for new electronics for my boat. My head is spinning because I can't decide on a unit. I'm trying to stay under 2K. I'm 75% lake and 25% costal fisherman. Any suggestions?

I recently went through the same thing. I went to bass pro and looked at them side by side. It is much easier to decide when you can actually play with all the features. I ask a lot of people which they liked best and everyone had a different opinion. Academy had a few on display to look at but bass pro had a bunch on display and the salesman was very helpful and and answered a lot of questions. Good luck

Comment

What kind of fishing do you do? Shallow or deep? Species

Comment

I went with the Garmin 93 sv. It has all the lakes and you can get the card for coastal, but haven't needed it yet. Without it I can see the main bodies of water and the islands and reefs. Plenty good to navigate around where I fish. I use it mostly in the lakes and only couple trips to the coast. It is awesome for finding brush piles for crappie and schools of whitebass and hybrids.

Comment

I run Lowrance HDS touch, several buddies run HB Helix. Either will be fine. I have no experience with Garmin or any others. I would get side imaging for sure either way you went and the biggest screen you could afford!

Comment

I'm also shopping for new electronics. Like everything else, the technology is evolving so fast its tough to get a grip on the options and features. I've been running a Humminbird 997si with Navionics maps for about 10 years and been reasonably happy. The screen is starting to delaminate? Looks like failing window tint. So I will probably end up with a 9" Helix as a replacement. I mainly fish saltwater and primarily use the navigation and the sonar to just determine depth.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
              I recently went through the same thing. I went to bass pro and looked at them side by side. It is much easier to decide when you can actually play with all the features. I ask a lot of people which they liked best and everyone had a different opinion. Academy had a few on display to look at but bass pro had a bunch on display and the salesman was very helpful and and answered a lot of questions. Good luck
              I need to make a run to Bass Pro.
              Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
              What kind of fishing do you do? Shallow or deep? Species
              I'm all over the place.
              Originally posted by kaizen View Post
              I'm also shopping for new electronics. Like everything else, the technology is evolving so fast its tough to get a grip on the options and features. I've been running a Humminbird 997si with Navionics maps for about 10 years and been reasonably happy. The screen is starting to delaminate? Looks like failing window tint. So I will probably end up with a 9" Helix as a replacement. I mainly fish saltwater and primarily use the navigation and the sonar to just determine depth.
              I'm leaning towards the HB. I have a Minn Kota trolling motor I would like to connect to.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post

I'm leaning towards the HB. I have a Minn Kota trolling motor I would like to connect to.
                There's your answer there. If you have an iPilot motor then it's worth getting a HB.

For under 2k, I would be going with the Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N

Comment

What he said. ^^^^

Comment

Helix 10 mega

Comment

Garmin 94SV on my boat.

Comment

There's your answer there. If you have an iPilot motor then it's worth getting a HB.

This right here

Comment

There you go. I just replaced my 1198 with a helix 13 G2N. Can't believe I waited so long to do it.

Comment

Made it by Bass Pro last night and decided on the Helix 10 Chirp Mega Si. Thanks for all of the input.

BG

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
                              Made it by Bass Pro last night and decided on the Helix 10 Chirp Mega Si. Thanks for all of the input.

BG
                              Dang you only made one mistake...buying it from Bass Pro. Likely could have saved some coin ordering online!

Comment

Working...
                              X