Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Hey Bartender! JoBu need a refill!

Looks like they took to it well. With all that rain you may not need it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Hey Bartender! JoBu need a refill!
      Good deal. They didn’t mess around.

Comment

Looked like we got a couple showers today. Havent heard any totals yet.

Comment

Looked like on radar, the rain came through really fast. Doubt it was very much but anything is better than nothing. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
            Looked like on radar, the rain came through really fast. Doubt it was very much but anything is better than nothing. Lol
            Yeah it prob hit the brakes about the time it hit Christoval area and dropped 2" there.

Comment

We got nada......I'm sure Junior is happy about that..

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                Yeah it prob hit the brakes about the time it hit Christoval area and dropped 2" there.

LMAO......nope...just some winds that blew leaves all over the ground....but no aqua..

Comment

Looks like the rain forest is gonna get the shaft while the "desert" west of us hogs all the rain..

Comment

I wouldn't call the spit shower we got hogging all the rain

But we will take all your scraps

Comment

Farm logs says we got a .25" up on 208.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        I wouldn't call the spit shower we got hogging all the rain

But we will take all your scraps

I figured y'all got more on the second round.

Comment

Looks like they are taking to the cottonseed. We will be putting out two tons this weekend. And checking protein feeders. Hoping to find a few sheds with the kiddos also.

Any advice on the cottonseed besides the usual....put corn near it, use a shovel or bucket to scoop, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                            Looks like they are taking to the cottonseed. We will be putting out two tons this weekend. And checking protein feeders. Hoping to find a few sheds with the kiddos also.

Any advice on the cottonseed besides the usual....put corn near it, use a shovel or bucket to scoop, etc?

I’m by far experienced being two months in but I asked a ****load of questions from those that were. I’m about to put another 2400 lbs in my two pens on 3/9 myself.

Get you a good grain shovel or two and a cheap garden rake... some use a garden rake some use a leaf rake. You’ll need them no matter what you use to fill the feeder.

I was told to put the corn in the pile. I spread it all around the base on top of the loose seed and I put some in holes on the sides although that is hard to see in the pic. I’ve even seen folks throw it on the top. Whatever I did it worked..

Last edited by Smart; 03-01-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post

We use a snow shovel or pitchfork but a regular shovel would work. If you’re putting it out for the first time I’d probably put some corn around it.

For size reference a pick up truck load is about 1200 to 1500 lbs.
                              The totes like smart has hold around 1200 lbs.

Comment

This is what I mean by a grain shovel... Harbor Freight (one in Angelo) has them for $19.99 or $17 with a 20% off coupon.

Amazing deals on this Aluminum Scoop Shovel W/ D-Handle at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Last edited by Smart; 03-01-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X