No announcement yet.

thumb style releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t go wrong with a Carter. Mine is 12 years old and still works like new.

Comment

My two cents, get a back tension release. You will find your shortcomings in shooting immediately with one. I have the Switchback.

That said, anything from Carter is really good, heard great things about the chocolate and nock2it. Can't go wrong.

Comment

i have a carter wise choice and i love it, it feels like a nice rifle trigger. I also like the fact that i can hook it on my d-loop while hunting and not have my release banging on everything while its on my wrist.

Comment

Big fan of Carter Releases, I made the switch from an index style to a handheld and its still one of the best changes I have made to this day for my archery game. I love the fact that I can just close the jaw on my d-loop with the Chocolate Addiction and just let it hang until go time.

Comment

carter wise choice here. adapted super quick to it. love it. i do get anxiety for fear of losing it though.

Comment

I had the Nock 2 It and Stan Perfex for a while. I finally sold the Nock 2 It and kept the Perfex. I just like the adjustability of it better.
              That said if you aren't going to shoot with some form of back tension I would just stick with a good wrist strap release. It does take a while to get use to a hand held release and you will probably have the same results for whatever that is worth.

Comment

I’ve got a Carter Sensation in excellent condition I’m trying to sell if your interested
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mongo45; 10-30-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I shoot a Trufire 4 finger style and really like it. Its a totally different feel from a wrist style but I like not having the wrist strap on all day in the blind

Comment

love my stan perfex groups have gotten way tighter

Comment

have a carter convertible, can shoot it as a thumb or use your ring finger to fire. got it because i shoot a hinge all year, hunt with it some, but wanted a release i could hang off the dloop when hunting. its my 3rd or 4th carter release, everything i get from them is top of the line, solid craftsmanship.

Comment

I've been shooting a thumb release for a while now, much prefer it to a wrist release.

Can't go wrong with Carter or Stan... I shoot the Stan Shootoff. As mentioned above you can usually find something in the classifieds on Archery Talk.

Comment

I had a Carter Too Simple that I loved. I was stalking through some tall grass one evening with it clipped on my string. Looked up and it was gone. Lesson learned. Don’t stalk with it on your string. Now I have Chocolate Lite. I love it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm interested in a thumb release but all the different options are overwhelming. I want to save as much money as possible so buying off AT classifieds. Should I go to a shop and try a few out or just find something used online and see if I like it?

Comment

I shoot a three finger Spot Hogg whipper snapper and I love it.

Comment

I shoot a nock 2 it and really like. I have chocolate lite that’s like new with all the springs and Alan wrenches. I would take $125.00 ($200 new)

Comment

Working...
                                X