I am a moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a moron

So, I get home a little later than I wanted to and rush out to the back yard to get some practice in at low light before I head to the lease tomorrow.

I set my feet.
    Catch my D loop with my release.
    Breath
    Pull my bow back slowly and quietly.
    Find my anchor point
    And squeeze off the shot. Can you see a problem with this?

I didn’t knock an arrow. Preoccupied with work, home, etc I just forgot. It didn’t do any apparent damage to my bow. I made a half dozen shots with arrows and everything seemed normal.

Do I need to take it in to the bow shop tomorrow before I go hunting?
    Last edited by El General; 10-24-2019, 09:56 PM.

Better safe then sorry....

Comment

I think I might have someone look at it just for grins

Comment

visually check everything.. If all looks good put a arrow on it.. Draw it back real slow and make sure nothing derails. Give it a visual check at full draw.. If all looks good shoot it.. If it hits where you want go hunting..

I wouldnt go hunting without shooting it lol

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          visually check everything.. If all looks good put a arrow on it.. Draw it back real slow and make sure nothing derails. Give it a visual check at full draw.. If all looks good shoot it.. If it hits where you want go hunting..

I wouldnt go hunting without shooting it lol
          Yeah I shot it and it worked fine. Or at least it worked as well as my limited talent allows. I couldn’t detect any tilt, but it was too dark to see well.

Comment

Your fine. They dry fire them hundreds of times on the production line, but if it eases your mind take it and have it checked.

Comment

If you have time ,I would run by an archery shop & let them look.

Comment

What year/model is it?

I had an old Bowtech Destroyer 350 that derailed on me when I was twisting my peep, strings were destroyed, limbs started to delaminate... but that was an aggressive bow and was OLD.

Supposedly many of these modern compounds are dry fired in testing to see how they will hold up.

I'd still go have a shop check everything from top to bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                  Yeah I shot it and it worked fine. Or at least it worked as well as my limited talent allows. I couldn’t detect any tilt, but it was too dark to see well.
                  if you shot it a few times your fine. You would have known if something was real messed up lol

Comment

Mission ballistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                      Mission ballistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Yes. Are you in my living room?

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                        What year/model is it?

I had an old Bowtech Destroyer 350 that derailed on me when I was twisting my peep, strings were destroyed, limbs started to delaminate... but that was an aggressive bow and was OLD.

Supposedly many of these modern compounds are dry fired in testing to see how they will hold up.

I'd still go have a shop check everything from top to bottom.
                        Mission Ballistic. Bought in 2013 or so.

Comment

Your good, go hunt.

Comment

If you've shot it and it checks out you're fine. For extra piece of mind, rub a cotton ball over the limbs and riser. If there is any hairline cracks/fractures, the cotton ball will find it. Been there done that.

Comment

I have never done that, but done things equally "stupid". The mind gets so preoccupied with other things it cant/doesnt concentrate on the tast at hand. The busier I am and the more I try to do at once, the worse it is. I have made more mistakes this past year than I ever have, by far. I used to be a pretty smart, competent guy.....

Comment

Working...
                              X