No announcement yet.

Best bow shop within 100miles of SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Scott Hamlin cant fix it I don’t know who can. He is the only one that touches my stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      Are you going to be at the shop this weekend?
      Nope.. got a spot for opening weekend.. so skipping out.

If you are heading up to Archey Country.. ask for Jordon. I can give him aheads up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        The guys at the leading edge can make it shoot and so can I if I manipulate my grip to ensure the string is coming of the cam in line.

The thing is my form hasn’t changed that I know of but I can’t get this thing to shoot.
        One of those shops won’t shim the cams? I most of the time have to do this on all my bows to broadhead tune them. I make sure arrow sits almost level running through my Berger holes and meets manufacturer center shot specs... are the cams timed? Is the bow in spec? Draw weight, brace height, ATA are all within manufacturer specs? Shining the right side of the arrow will push the broadhead left to meet with the field point

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
          One of those shops won’t shim the cams? I most of the time have to do this on all my bows to broadhead tune them. I make sure arrow sits almost level running through my Berger holes and meets manufacturer center shot specs... are the cams timed? Is the bow in spec? Draw weight, brace height, ATA are all within manufacturer specs? Shining the right side of the arrow will push the broadhead left to meet with the field point
          That’s how they fixed it the very first time I’m not sure if they changed it after they installed the new strings.

Comment

I was going to suggest you PM Rocky but looks like he already chimed in

He was the only person I ever had tune my bow that STARTED by getting it in spec and then tuning it

Good luck getting it figured out and acting right
            Can drive you crazy I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same thing happened to my brother. He had them build him a new set of strings. It was drawing way over weight and didn’t shoot worth a ****. He finally had them order factory strings and all is good again. After several trips back, he was pretty frustrated. . I think he even took it to a couple places and they couldn’t get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker93 View Post
                Same thing happened to my brother. He had them build him a new set of strings. It was drawing way over weight and didn’t shoot worth a ****. He finally had them order factory strings and all is good again. After several trips back, he was pretty frustrated. . I think he even took it to a couple places and they couldn’t get it fixed.
                This is exactly what is going on I’m betting this is the issue. It ticks me off to pay another 150-200 to get it done right.

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                  Check the specs online for your bow.. shop should have them as well.

Heck hae them pull the strings and measure them, should be easy enough.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  It’s been a while since I worked in archery but did for two years. And above is what I think the problem may be. I bet your strings aren’t correct and that is throwing off the limbs and cams. As stated, check the factory axel to axel setting and see if that is correct. I’d start there then work my way back to having a bent cam possibly. You may have a limb not seated all the way in the pocket. Could be your form bc bows will shoot different with new, tight strings. Mine did last year when I restrung it.

Also, Trying shooting it with your hand completely open, don’t close your fingers or thumb. Let the bow move and do as it may when you draw back and fire a few arrows. Try to watch for tail whip or abnormal spinning if you can. I’m in Boerne/Fair Oaks now but can help you if you’d like.

Comment

Make them make it right. I’m not sure who builds the factory strings for your bow, but make them get you a set of those and install and tune.

Comment

I agree with just sight broadheads for the season.

Comment

If the strings are wrong I would demand they make them right or give my money back

You didn’t get what you paid for and dang sure shouldn’t have to pay

If they won’t make things right I would let everyone know who they were and post my displeasure anywhere I could

Comment

Well?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Well?

As with all tuning issue threads, we never hear the final outcome.

Comment

it sounds like your rest string is too short. Is your cable flexed in toward the riser when at full draw?? this can cause an issue like this.

have it checked on a draw board.

if they put the rest into the cable too tight and then adjusted the timing you will have perfect cam timing at full draw but as soon as you release the arrow the excessive cable tension will release and you timing will be off. It will also throw a bare shaft to the right as well.....have it checked.
                              Last edited by Tom; 09-25-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

any luck?

Comment

Working...
                                X