Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday was a 2 mile run for a warm up followed by chest

BB Bench
    BB Incline
    Mch Flys
    DB decline
    DB Bench

10 min cool down on stairs and a core routine.

Today was Arms

Wide grip BB Curls SS Straight bar ext
    21’s SS Rope over head ext
    BB Curls SS Rope ext
    BB spider Curls SS Mch Tri dips
    Incline Curls SS Skull Crushers
    DB alternating curls SS DB overhead ext
    Preacher Bench curls to failed

20 mins on the elliptical plus sauna for cool down

Tomorrow is shoulders and core and Wednesday I’m starting up Shred with Buendia routine that kicked my *** last year but I’m going to try and follow the macros this time

Comment

The little woman wanted an arm day so that's what we did. I stuck with 2 heavy sets and two strip sets until I started running out of time. Then I went heavier, close to a near max rep, and completed one strip set. My arms are toast.

Preacher curl/body weight dips
      BB curl/overhead rope extension
      Incline DB curl/pushdown pronated grip
      Overhead cable curl/pushdown supinated grip

Legs and shoulders tomorrow.

Comment

Wrapping up today in the sauna. Looking at 90 mins and 750ish cals.

Held off on core for tomorrow for the new program. Cardio was light because wading shoes gave me a nasty blister on my left inner ankle.

10 min warm up on the elliptical
        BB Shoulder Press
        DB Arnold Press SS BB front raise
        Smith Upright Row SS DB side raises
        Mch Rear delt fly’s
        Rope Face pulls SS Mch Shoulder Press
        10 min cool down on the elliptical

15 mins sauna

Tomorrow should be chest on the new program

Comment

Well, I finally started my out of shape self back in the gym after a 2 and a half year hiatus. When I stopped going I was in the best shape of my life. Let excuses get in the way and slowly filtered out. Getting started back at it has been pretty easy, but man my strength has a lot of catching up to do to get back to where I used to be. Not trying to be a hero, just wanting to eat better and lift/excercise. Will definitely be combing through this thread for ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            Well, I finally started my out of shape self back in the gym after a 2 and a half year hiatus. When I stopped going I was in the best shape of my life. Let excuses get in the way and slowly filtered out. Getting started back at it has been pretty easy, but man my strength has a lot of catching up to do to get back to where I used to be. Not trying to be a hero, just wanting to eat better and lift/excercise. Will definitely be combing through this thread for ideas.
            Welcome back, strength will come back in due time. Get it.

Comment

Got about a 6 hour leg and back workout Sunday laying vinyl flooring in mom's bedroom, bathroom, and closet add on.
              Wanted to start back on AX-2 on a Monday, but it didn't work out. Started back today and I'll just have to make the schedule work.
              This week is called X-pansion training and I already don't care for it. Basically no rest between sets, even though you stop moving.
              Twisting pull-ups. "Rest" was hanging with your feet barely touching the ground.
              DB one arm rows. Rest with weight hanging in down position.
              DB lat pull over. Rest with weight in back position. After the first set, I put the weights down while resting arms back, too much stretch on the shoulders.
              DB incline curls. Rest with weights hanging and slowly spinning your wrist.
              Tubing stretch curls. Rest leaning forward with low tension on band arms back.
              Usually I look forward to a little rest between sets.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Good luck and keep up the hard work!

Comment

Here we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                    Here we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Is that a free program or is it a pay site? That looks like a kick arse chest day. I might have to give that program a try if it's free. I'm not really fond of the Wednesday off and then workout on Saturday and Sunday. I might have to modify it a little.

Shoulders and legs today with some giant sets and incorporating the strip sets.

Military press/Lateral raise/Hack squat
                    Rear delt DB fly/leg extensions/cable rotation
                    Seated DB press/front raise/goblet squat

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                      Is that a free program or is it a pay site? That looks like a kick arse chest day. I might have to give that program a try if it's free. I'm not really fond of the Wednesday off and then workout on Saturday and Sunday. I might have to modify it a little.

Shoulders and legs today with some giant sets and incorporating the strip sets.

Military press/Lateral raise/Hack squat
                      Rear delt DB fly/leg extensions/cable rotation
                      Seated DB press/front raise/goblet squat
                      Shoot me a email and I’ll send over the pdf!

I’m toast.... Was feeling it at the Cable ladders and was fried by the Smith Incline
                      Made some adjustments as my fat arse is outta shape lol
                      Added BB Bench with the same reps as the cable flys.
                      Core was 5x15
                      Did 20 mins on the stair master and was donezo...

Not even sure what tomorrow is and I don’t care lol

Comment

Alternating surrender lunges.
                        Bulgarian split squats.
                        Alternating high step-ups.
                        DB RDL.
                        Rest between sets was a form of stretching again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

A major sinus headache this morning. Even my frickin' eyeballs hurt. Tomorrow. Maybe.

Comment

New Year Workout Accountability 2019....

Today was back but also known as death....

Warm up was a 8 min mile jog and the cardio was 15, 50 yard, sprints to end the session.

The back extensions and the Row/dead lift SS at 135 destroyed me...
                            Added a 15x12x12x10 Seated High Row for good measure

Comment

I've yo-yo'd a lot in recent years both in weight and workout consistency. I have, for the most part hung out in the mid 230's. After our beach vacation this summer I hit 244 and really felt the extra weight. Instead of using work and kids and everything else as an excuse as I have been doing, I'm going back to what I know has worked in the past for me.

I've got a gym less than a 1 min. walk from my office, and have gone back there for my workouts. MWF I'll leave the office at 4 and hit the gym. I'm about a week in on Keto and feeling better. I've started Stronglifts 5x5 (had great gains the last time I did it) and will transition to a different program once completed. I'm a little sore from yesterday's workout (1st in probably 4-5 months) and I felt the lack of mobility/range of motion. I need to stretch! Off days will include light cardio or jogging.

My biggest roadblocks have been time and diet. With six kids and sports and therapies and running a business and starting a business my time has been limited. I've converted my garage to a home gym, used it for a few months, then slipped and let everything else be an acceptable excuse. I've got sandbags, which are a great workout but, I freaking hate it, thus I don't do them and find excuses not to. By hitting the gym at 4 I'm eliminating the time excuse. I almost always do some work each night from home so I'll be able to cover anything I miss in the last hour of the day.

My goal is to get back to 185-190 with a 1200# max in the big three and get back to an 8min mile over 3-4 miles. Basically, I want to be the 22yr old knuckle dragging grunt I used to be. At 36, I'm not sure if it'll happen but that's the longterm goal I'm working towards. Short-term, I just want to be consistent.
                              Last edited by chongo; 08-29-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                                I've yo-yo'd a lot in recent years both in weight and workout consistency. I have, for the most part hung out in the mid 230's. After our beach vacation this summer I hit 244 and really felt the extra weight. Instead of using work and kids and everything else as an excuse as I have been doing, I'm going back to what I know has worked in the past for me.

I've got a gym less than a 1 min. walk from my office, and have gone back there for my workouts. MWF I'll leave the office at 4 and hit the gym. I'm about a week in on Keto and feeling better. I've started Stronglifts 5x5 (had great gains the last time I did it) and will transition to a different program once completed. I'm a little sore from yesterday's workout (1st in probably 4-5 months) and I felt the lack of mobility/range of motion. I need to stretch! Off days will include light cardio or jogging.

My biggest roadblocks have been time and diet. With six kids and sports and therapies and running a business and starting a business my time has been limited. I've converted my garage to a home gym, used it for a few months, then slipped and let everything else be an acceptable excuse. I've got sandbags, which are a great workout but, I freaking hate it, thus I don't do them and find excuses not to. By hitting the gym at 4 I'm eliminating the time excuse. I almost always do some work each night from home so I'll be able to cover anything I miss in the last hour of the day.

My goal is to get back to 185-190 with a 1200# max in the big three and get back to an 8min mile over 3-4 miles. Basically, I want to be the 22yr old knuckle dragging grunt I used to be. At 36, I'm not sure if it'll happen but that's the longterm goal I'm working towards. Short-term, I just want to be consistent.
                                Keep kicking arse and keep us updated!

Comment

Working...
                                X