Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your dream hunt/goal? And what are you doing to make it reality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your dream hunt/goal? And what are you doing to make it reality?

After a talk I had this week with a few buddies I have realized that I may not be aggressive enough towards achieving some of my goals. What is your dream hunt or goal? And what are you doing to make it happen? Are you putting it off or actively doing things to make it a reality?

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    After a talk I had this week with a few buddies I have realized that I may not be aggressive enough towards achieving some of my goals. What is your dream hunt or goal? And what are you doing to make it happen? Are you putting it off or actively doing things to make it a reality?
    I up and moved to Alaska so I could afford to hunt goats and sheep.

Transporter booked for mtn goat in October and going to hike as far as I can for sheep till I can get in on a transporter for that too.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Moose hunt

Nothing I can do to make it a reality.
      Public servant
      Kids in private school
      I live in reality and I reality is, very unlikely I'm going on my dream hunt.

Comment

Moose in B.C.

Comment

Moose in Alaska

Comment

New Mexico archery Ibex. I put in for the draw yearly and also put aside a little money every month to buy an outfitter tag if need be. Also, I lift 5 days a week, run 20-30 miles per week, and do 20 minutes of incline cardio to prepare for not only Ibex but any other western state hunts I go on. I rarely have a tag but I have two good friends that are NM residents that usually always draw some tags. I enjoy helping them out and want to make sure I’m as physically prepared as possible to help them out.

Comment

North American 27 (29 but 2 are not possible for Americans).
              Turkey slam
              Whitetail slam

Hunting Alaskan moose this September. Arizona or Mexico Coues next year. Been thinking and talking a lot with family about moving to AK so that I can check off the big bears, sheep, goat, and musk ox for much less, then move back to Texas and go after the rest from here as a NR every where else. Stay in top shape all year to allow my hunting to not be hindered by physical limitations, read/learn all the time as much as I can about each species I’m hunting next to up my odds of success.

Something I’ve come to realize as well... it doesn’t take one to have deep pockets to achieve dream hunts or goals in life. All it takes is will/drive and want. Do your research and you will find there is a way for you to get/do your dream hunt. Get out there and do it!
              Last edited by diamond10x; 04-07-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I had a lot of hunting dreams before my kids got old enough to hunt. Now I'm focusing my time, energy and finances on getting my kids out hunting, fishing and camping and teaching them all that I can.
                I'll get to my dreams once they get older.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                  I had a lot of hunting dreams before my kids got old enough to hunt. Now I'm focusing my time, energy and finances on getting my kids out hunting, fishing and camping and teaching them all that I can.
                  Couldn't of said it better. I was fortunate to get a NZ hunt in with my dad that we had always wanted to do, before my kids were that old. I also am fortunate enough to go to CO every year. That is probably about all they can stand of dad being gone... at this point in their young lives.

So I guess my answer is that it will have to wait until I can take my boys with me or they are moved out and on their own, for those farther away hunts. So yes I am "putting it off," but I'm sure a lot of other dads are doing the exact same thing.

Comment

My ultimate goal has been the pursuit of the North American 29. Everyday I try to figure out ways to get it done. I apply for all the possible tags I can. I have feelers out for the hunts I can buy. I try to stay in reasonable shape and keep a rotation of bows and now rifles at the ready for trips. My problem is I am down to the hard ones! I regret spending so much money and time early in my hunting career traveling to Africa, Spain, Argentina, etc. Also regret shooting tons of Texas exotics and multiple whitetail. I probably needed that experience to get going and learn to bowhunt but it sure would be nice to have that money and time back to pursue some other animals! If I had only known, I would have already done Quebec-Labrador caribou, polar bear, Shiras Moose, tule elk and Alaska barren ground caribou. I would likely be sitting at 27-28 animals now and my goal of finishing the 29 by age 50 would be a reality! My goal now is to try to hit 25 by 50.

Comment

If I could pick it would be for my dad, my son and myself all to get to hunt together at our land. The ideal would be for all of us to connect on the same trip. My son is only 1-1/2 but I will probably start taking him next year. Then in a few years let him start hunting with either a rifle or a crossbow.

Personally I’d like to get an axis and/or a turkey from our place.

Comment

This

I am content for now going after the biggest and oldest deer I can find on my local spots as long as my boys are getting some more kills under the belts.

Comment

I live it every year when my non profit Serve Outdoors takes handicap folks out hunting. Had a dyeing wish for a quad to shoot a turkey, made it happen. Young kid who broke his back and is paralyzed had him shoot his first pig with us. Seeing those smiles has put my wishes on the back seat to see others get to do what we take for granted daily.

Comment

Originally posted by clinthwt View Post
                            I live it every year when my non profit Serve Outdoors takes handicap folks out hunting. Had a dyeing wish for a quad to shoot a turkey, made it happen. Young kid who broke his back and is paralyzed had him shoot his first pig with us. Seeing those smiles has put my wishes on the back seat to see others get to do what we take for granted daily.
                            Awesome

Comment

I have a feeling this will be me in 6-7 years. That’s why I have decided I have to book either a sheep hunt or a few international hunts this year. Get the money down and start paying them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X