East Texas Buck of 10 Lifetimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Buck of 10 Lifetimes

Sorry for the long read but I figured I would post the story of this buck for everyone on here. We started getting pictures of this buck 3 years ago and he was a main frame 8 with kickers on both G2’s. At the time we did not think anything special of him because of age and he was normal for our lease. During the summer of 2020 we watched him grow and start putting on more and more mass and kickers unlike any other deer we had on camera. Both G2’s had triple forks in them and that is when we named him Triple Crown. We all agreed that he was a really nice deer but we could not get him past 3.5 looking at his body and we hoped he could make it another year. On opening morning of the 2020-2021 season I watched Triple Crown for over an hour just drooling as he would have been the biggest deer I had killed but the thought of him growing another year excited me even more. We continued to watch him all season roaming long distances during the rut but luckily he made it through the year and we had pictures of him as he shed his antlers. It was a long 5 months until he made his first appearance back on camera this July and man did he put on from last year!!! Mass, tines, beams you name it he added it!

It was a long wait until opening day as hoped that last year would replay over again and give me the opportunity at Triple Crown again. As bucks typically do he went strictly nocturnal about 2 weeks before season with only 1 picture of him in daylight before season started. On October 7th he decided to show himself at 7pm for the first time in daylight since season opened. With great anticipation and hope he would repeat himself the following day I was in the stand. That evening was hot and I watched a few other bucks but no sign of Triple Crown. With the wind right for the stand I was hunting I decided to take my father in laws Nissan Frontier to the stand rather than driving my mule hoping the lack of noise would increase my odds at a daylight glimpse of Triple Crown. The evening was very hot but the deer movement started a lot earlier than the evening before as I had multiple bucks out feeding by 6. At 6:27 I turned to glance up the road I walk in on and at 80 yards there stood Triple Crown in the middle of the road! The next 2-3 seconds were a blur as all I could think of was him crossing the road before I could get a shot. For some reason he decided to stop one last time with his head and shoulders behind a yaupon and I put the crosshairs as far forward as I could and squeezed the trigger. The response of the bullet impact was music to my ears as I watched him fall! I could not believe it, did this really just happen??? For the next 10 minutes I did not take my gun off of him with fear of him running off and a few times the thought of shooting him again just to be sure crossed my mind! The fear of ground shrinkage lessened with each step I took towards him as he continued to grow more and more as I picked up his head. After many pictures and celebrations back at camp we put a tape on him and once again I was waiting to wake up from a dream! He had 17 storable points and a rough score of 201 1/8”. Pictures are from the last 3 seasons trail camera pics and then my LDP.
    Attached Files

Great buck sir.

Nice to see a story of a deer that until today got holy sheet!! When I saw the pics

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, awesome buck! Congrats!

Comment

Wow. Impressive buck!!!!!

Man, that is one super cool deer. Big Congrats on the GIANT…

Comment

Wow, congratulations!

Comment

Man what a special buck! Huge congrats! And lets all remember there no deer in East Texas

Comment

I dream about shooting a buck like that!!!

Congratulations on an AWESOME deer!!

Comment

That’s a great read. Your right. Buck of 10 lifetimes. Congrats to you sir. And I see your a Livingston brother as well. I da*n sure want to be your friend now. LOL
                Last edited by Gumbo Man; 10-14-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Wow what a buck sir congrats!!

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Awesome. Great write up too.

Comment

Nice write up. Congratulations on tagging an impressive looking buck.

It’s going to be tough to top that one fo’ sho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So you're the one who killed that big ol slob![emoji2] One heck of a buck and appreciate you giving us the history on this deer leading up to you killing him. Good stuff and congrats.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! What an awesome buck!

Comment

Yes-yes-yes[emoji106] fantastic story, deer of a lifetime thank you for sharing and congratulations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X