Just Got My TPWD Tax Statements For MLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Got My TPWD Tax Statements For MLD

I use a private biologist. So why am I being taxed by Parks and Wildlife? Where is this new tax money going?

Your not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Come on now you got pay to play. You have to feed the machine

Comment

M16 - Guys here on MLD will agree and 100% understand.

Those not on MLD will not understand, try to understand or care.

Just how the world rolls these days.

Comment

I guess the 2 extra months of hunting aren't worth that fee for you?
          Family place has been under MLD for many years, the fee gets us 2 extra months of hunting, at least, worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            I use a private biologist. So why am I being taxed by Parks and Wildlife? Where is this new tax money going?
            Rich people problems.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              I guess the 2 extra months of hunting aren't worth that fee for you?
              Family place has been under MLD for many years, the fee gets us 2 extra months of hunting, at least, worth it.
              I didn't know ranches on MLD were buying something all these years

Why not just say the owner of a MLD property gets more tags than others... Surely they should get charged extra for all those extra deer they get to shoot.

It's great to be able to spend money to do what the State tells you in order to improve their wildlife.. AND get to pay them to do it.

If the extra 2 months is the only argument then shorten it to regular season and don't charge MLD properties. But you and everyone else knows that has nothing to do with this charge.

Comment

Must be something new. I had a place on MLD for several years and gave it up because I didn’t see the advantages for me. I never paid any fee.

Comment

The 300.00 fee is new for 2021-22 season and going forward.

I do all of our deer surveys turn them in and then have to print off all the Tags. At the end of the season send in the harvest data. And yet I have to pay the State for doing their work. Go Figure.

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
                    The 300.00 fee is new for 2021-22 season and going forward.

I do all of our deer surveys turn them in and then have to print off all the Tags. At the end of the season send in the harvest data. And yet I have to pay the State for doing their work. Go Figure.
                    Your biologist never comes out and does a browse survey. They don't interpret your data and make recommendations? Ours does. I think it's a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Why not just say the owner of a MLD property gets more tags than others... Surely they should get charged extra for all those extra deer they get to shoot.

It's great to be able to spend money to do what the State tells you in order to improve their wildlife.. AND get to pay them to do it.

If the extra 2 months is the only argument then shorten it to regular season and don't charge MLD properties. But you and everyone else knows that has nothing to do with this charge.
                      Yep.

Comment

Would MLD complain more about 1. their extra tags and extra months hunting being taken away or 2. about a tax? Lol wow

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

No, I don't know.
                          They get plenty of doe tags and an extra 2 months of rifle hunting in addition to managed buck harvest. If relegated to the regular season, the doe harvest restrictions alone would hurt the management plan.
                          The ability to harvest doe based on population counts and spotlight counts is very valuable. The added season helps with that , in our situation anyway.
                          I can see how it is a bit much for some though.

Comment

Does this new tax apply across the board to both versions of MLD or just the conservation side?

Comment

Gotta pay for an upgrade. No one is forcing you too.

Comment

Working...
                              X