Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chair for ground hunting (portable + all day sits)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chair for ground hunting (portable + all day sits)

This video really got me thinking! [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ynEX7oUQLc"]Waldrop Pacseat Ground Hunting Kit - YouTube[/ame]

I normally hunt from a tree saddle 95% of the time, but lately I’ve been finding some spots that don’t have any good trees, and with some out of state draw hunts I’ve got coming up this year I wanna maximize my potential.

I really want a Waldrop pac seat but I can’t really justify $300 for a chair when I’ve got what I would guarantee to be more comfortable packs.
    I currently have an alps swivel chair but it weighs nearly 20lbs, and with the triangular seat it’ll cut off circulation after a while. I’ll be using this with no blind, similar to the video (which worked awesome for turkey). I’ll be hunting with a recurve so a turkey seat is a no go!

Anyone tried one of those foldable backpacking chairs like these?

I’ve seen the millennium tree seat as well but in grassy areas it ain’t really feasible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	75745287-B92D-46B3-A492-58ADF89AADBC_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24657818

For comfort and convenience, I use portable tripod folders. Keep you about 18" off the ground, no snakes, bugs, ants, ticks to worry about. Only weigh about 2-3#. Perfect height for me to sit all day in a ground blind or behind my spotting scope. Only cost between $10-20, for good ones that are rated for 250#.

Comment

I bought a Millennial G100 tripod chair with adjustable legs and swivel seat last year. Legs are removable and storable in a sack on the back for transport. It was expensive. But it is really comfortable for really long sits. Light weight too! If you have any experience with their fishing/boating seat or tree stands, you'll know what I'm talking about. The more comfortable I am hunting, the longer I can hunt.

With adjustable tripod legs, folding design and full-back ComfortMAX seat, the G100 chair is perfect for ground blind applications in any season. The G100 gives you a combination of comfort, quiet, and excellent positioning — the height adjustment can be made from 13 to 18 inches. No matter what blind you are in, you will be in a good position to see the game and take your best shot. It’s also pre-drilled to hold the G101 optional shooting stick or can match up with the optional M600 bow-holder. With Millennium’s sturdy and durable aluminum construction and long-lasting, super comfortable ComfortMAX seat fabric, this could be the last ground blind chair you’ll ever need. This lightweight, packable, exceptionally comfortable design is perfect for deer hunting, turkey hunting, dove hunting or any other outdoor activity.
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-03-2021, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I’ve kept an eye on the Chama chairs too. Still waiting to pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I really like the looks of that Waldrop chair. But your right, 300 for it is a little steep for though. I've been using a low to the ground PBS $30 Turkey hunting chair for about three years and it works great. But it finally broke at the end of last year. I just went to order another and see BPS doesn't carry them any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I bought a Millennial G100 tripod chair with adjustable legs and swivel seat last year. Legs are removable and storable in a sack on the back for transport. It was expensive. But it is really comfortable for really long sits. Light weight too! If you have any experience with their fishing/boating seat or tree stands, you'll know what I'm talking about. The more comfortable I am hunting, the longer I can hunt.

https://millennium-outdoors.com/prod...oting-chair-2/

Do the straps on the sides get in the way of drawing?

My problem with a some of these is that I’m hunting with a 64 inch recurve so I’ve either gotta learn to shoot it totally sideways or get a little higher off the ground [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              Do the straps on the sides get in the way of drawing?

My problem with a some of these is that I’m hunting with a 64 inch recurve so I’ve either gotta learn to shoot it totally sideways or get a little higher off the ground [emoji23]
              The straps haven't bothered me. But at it's highest leg settings, I'm not sure if it would be tall enough for a trad bow. You're welcome to meet and try mine out sometime.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Best seat I’ve found for bow hunting off the ground is a 5 gallon bucket. Although sometimes a comfy seat would be nice but getting uncomfortable time to time on a bucket keeps you from falling asleep in the blind

Comment

We use these for public land: https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/ridg...-hunting-chair

Cheap and light and effective.

I bought the wife a Millennium M100 and it's nice, but way too bulky to carry for any sort of actual distance. It's been used a grand total of twice in about two years.

Comment

Those little triangle stools are the absolute worst for me. Any seat with no back rest makes it hard to sit very long, and the triangle deal cuts off circulation in my legs. The expensive Chama triangle has a back (that's too short) and is bigger, but still not comfortable for me.

The Millenium G100 is the best chair I've ever had. Love mine. I pack a couple 6'x20' camo nets under the seat in the frame. Chair is very portable and easy to pack up and carry with the shoulder strap. With the camo nets, I can set up a ground blind in about 2 minutes anywhere I want it. Great chair. It's great inside a popup too.

Comment

I used to use the tripod stools and just post up next to a tree for back rest - worked great and have deer rollup on me several times within 30 yards.

Since I've found this https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gam...=realtree-xtra I don't use the stools anymore. Having the back support and being almost just as light as the stools ... you can't beat it - I'll be using it this year with my ghostblind.

Although I've wanted to try the discontinued chairs of Sittinghawk and A-Rest hunting chairs - I bet you could make one out of tubing or even wood.

Comment

I've been wanting to also try the Hammock hunting chairs - I think Fanatic Outdoors makes them...also there's some overseas knockoffs on amazon for less than half the cost of what they're charging ... again if you're inclined I bet you could make these too...?

Comment

do you guys have much success hunting from the ground vs trees? I hate lugging my stand in and have not gotten on the saddle wagon yet

Comment

Originally posted by kdm015 View Post
                            do you guys have much success hunting from the ground vs trees? I hate lugging my stand in and have not gotten on the saddle wagon yet
                            We hunt 90% on the ground at Amistad, yes to success.

Comment

What is he using those PCV pipe stakes for?

Comment

Working...
                              X